Home Alone: The Plight of Children
- When the Bough Breaks: The Cost of Neglecting Our Children (Book). Benson, Jo-Anne Maru // Library Journal;5/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p96
Reviews the book `When the Bough Breaks: The Cost of Neglecting Our Children,` by Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
- Home Alone. Galston, William A. // New Republic;12/2/91, Vol. 205 Issue 23, p40
Reviews several books on child care. "When the Bough Breaks: The Costs of Neglecting Our Children," by Sylvia Ann Hewlett; "Divided Families: What Happens to Children When Parents Part," by Frank F. Furstenberg Jr. and Andrew J. Cherlin; "The Illusion of Equality: The Rhetoric and Reality of...
- Childhood's Future: Listening to the American Family: New Hope for the Next Generation. // Child Welfare;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p479
The article reviews the book "Childhood's Future: Listening to the American Family: New Hope for the Next Generation," by Richard Louv.
- Fertility fears. Cooke, Rachel // New Statesman;5/27/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4589, p49
Reviews the book 'Baby Hunger,' by Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
- Judgment Day. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);10/8/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 14, p18
The article discusses the approval ratings of U.S. presidential candidate Fred Thompson among Christian leaders. An email leakage revealed that Thompson was not supported by James Dobson, founder of the Christian organization Focus on the Family. The article reports that Thompson is supported by...
- The War against Parents (Book). Negrey, Cynthia // Sociological Focus;Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p115
Reviews the book "The War against Parents," by Sylvia Ann Hewlett and Cornel West.
- Giving Feminism Life(Book). Willis, Elen // Dissent (00123846);Fall2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p95
Reviews the book 'Creating a Life: Professional Women and the Quest for Children,' by Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
- Creating a Lie. Franke-Ruta, Garance // American Prospect;7/1/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p30
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Creating a Life: Professional Women and the Quest for Children,' by Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
- THE â€˜SCIENCEâ€™ OF LOOKING THE PART. Armstrong, Christine // Management Today;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 7, p24
No abstract available.