- The Castaway. Delbanco, Andrew // New Republic;11/23/92, Vol. 207 Issue 22, p39
Reviews the book "Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy," by Jay Tolson.
- Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy. Williamson Jr., Chilton // National Review;12/28/1992, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p42
The article reviews the book "Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy," by Jay Tolson.
- Love in the Ruins. Benfey, Christopher // New Republic;09/08/97-09/15/97, Vol. 217 Issue 10/11, p41
Reviews two books on Walker Percy. "Walker Percy: A Life," by Patrick Samway; "The Correspondence of Shelby Foote & Walker Percy," edited by Jay Tolson.
- EMPIRE'S APOLOGISTS. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Mar2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p35
Comments on articles on the U.S. empire by Michael Ignatieff and Jay Tolson. Comments on the alignment of the U.S. with the concept of freedom; Failure to consider the material root of the U.S. empire; Benefits of globalization to the U.S.; Objectives of the wars in Bosnia and Afghanistan.
- Waxing Philosophical. // NEA Today;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p39
Reviews the book 'Greek Philosophers.'
- Jewish Philosophers (Book Review). Adelman, George // LJ: Library Journal;2/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p624
Reviews the book 'Jewish Philosophers,' edited by Steven T. Katz.
- The Worldly Philosophers. The Lives, Times and Ideas of the Great Economic Thinkers (Book). Ward, Benjamin // Challenge (05775132);Jul/Aug73, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p64
Reviews the book "The Worldly Philosophers. The Lives, Times and Ideas of the Great Economic Thinkers," by Robert L. Heilbroner.
- A Philosopher's Story (Book). Robin, Richard S. // Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society;Winter2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p157
Reviews the non-fiction book 'A Philosopher's Story,' by Morton White.
- For the General Audience. Klebaner, Benjamin Joseph // Journal of Higher Education;Jun1954, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p338
The article reviews the book "The Wordly Philosophers," by Robert L. Heilbroner.