- Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy. Williamson Jr., Chilton // National Review;12/28/1992, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p42
The article reviews the book "Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy," by Jay Tolson.
- The Castaway. Delbanco, Andrew // New Republic;11/23/92, Vol. 207 Issue 22, p39
Reviews the book "Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy," by Jay Tolson.
- EMPIRE'S APOLOGISTS. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Mar2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p35
Comments on articles on the U.S. empire by Michael Ignatieff and Jay Tolson. Comments on the alignment of the U.S. with the concept of freedom; Failure to consider the material root of the U.S. empire; Benefits of globalization to the U.S.; Objectives of the wars in Bosnia and Afghanistan.
- Love in the Ruins. Benfey, Christopher // New Republic;09/08/97-09/15/97, Vol. 217 Issue 10/11, p41
Reviews two books on Walker Percy. "Walker Percy: A Life," by Patrick Samway; "The Correspondence of Shelby Foote & Walker Percy," edited by Jay Tolson.
- The Lost Gentleman. Martin, Stephen // Commonweal;5/4/2007, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p38
The article focuses on Walker Percy, a novelist who found his calling in Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1946. According to Percy's biographer Jay Tolson, a ten-day stay at La Fonda Inn helped Percy realize his interest in Catholicism which surprised his best friend Shelby Foote. It states that a...
- Jewish Philosophers (Book Review). Adelman, George // LJ: Library Journal;2/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p624
Reviews the book 'Jewish Philosophers,' edited by Steven T. Katz.
- Lucian Blaga: Imagine ÅŸi cuvÃ¢nt. BOCA, PAUL // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Ephemerides;Jun2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p163
The article reviews the book "Lucian Blaga: Imagine È™i cuvÃ¢nt (Lucian Blaga: Image and Word."
- Prophet. Lukacs, John // New Yorker;11/14/88, Vol. 64 Issue 39, p136
Reviews the book "Tocqueville: A Biography," translated by Lydia Davis and Robert Hemenway.
- Marx (Book). Nelson, Brent A. // Library Journal;6/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p1260
Reviews the book 'Marx: The First Hundred Years,' edited by David McLellan.