THE CAPITALIST SPIRIT: TOWARD A RELIGIOUS ETHIC OF WEALTH CREATION
- Caesar's Due. Dudro, Vivian W. // National Review;2/25/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p53
Reviews the book "The Capitalist Spirit: Toward a Religious Ethic of Wealth Creation," edited by Peter L. Berger.
- Sociology Reinterpreted. Hitzler, Ronald // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1983, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p790
The article reviews the book "Sociology Reinterpreted: An Essay on Method and Vocation," by Peter L. Berger and Hansfried Kellner.
- Desecularization: A Conceptual Framework. Karpov, Vyacheslav // Journal of Church & State;Mar2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p232
The article discusses desecularization, the resurgence of religion, sociology and religion, and the work of theologian Peter Berger. The author is particularly interested in examining the "cultural lag," meaning that sociologists have been slow to study desecularization. Other topics include a...
- Pyramids of Sacrifice (Book Review). Kavanagh, Patrick J. // LJ: Library Journal;5/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p969
Reviews the book 'Pyramids of Sacrifice: Political Ethics and Social Change,' by Peter L. Berger.
- A PARADIGM AT TWENTY. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1996, Issue 64, p61
Deals with the influence of the essay "To Empower People," by Peter L. Berger and Richard John Neuhaus on public policy. Celebration of the contribution of the essay to public policy hosted by the American Enterprise Institute; Aspect of public policy which serves as the emphasis of the essay.
- Sociology Reinterpreted (Book). Wood, Suzanne W. // Library Journal;9/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p1747
Reviews the book 'Sociology Reinterpreted: An Essay on Method and Vocation,' by Peter Berger and Hansfried Kellner.
- Why Fight for the Family? Helle, Horst J. // Journal of Comparative Family Studies;Autumn87, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p481
Reviews the book "The War Over the Family," by Brigitte Berger and Peter L. Berger.
- Questions of Faith: A Skeptical Affirmation of Christianity. Buss, Andreas // Sociology of Religion;Winter2005, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p431
The article reviews the book "Questions of Faith: A Skeptical Affirmation of Christianity," by Peter Berger.
- Redeeming Laughter: The Comic Dimension of Human Experience. Herrmann, John W. // Society;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p101
The article reviews the book "Redeeming Laughter: The Comic Dimension of Human Experience," by Peter L. Berger.