THEONOMY: A REFORMED CRITIQUE
- My Top 5 Books on Calvin. Horton, Michael // Christianity Today;Jul2009, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p57
The article reviews several books, including "Institutes of the Christian Religion," by John Calvin, "John Calvin: Pilgrim and Pastor," by W. Robert Godfrey and "John Calvin: A Biography," by T. H. L. Parker.
- Deconstructing reconstruction. Barron, B. // Christianity Today;11/25/91, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p36
Reviews the book `Theonomy: A Reformed Critique,' edited by William S. Barker and W. Robert Godfrey. Studies the concept of advocating the application of biblical law to all of modern society.
- Book reviews. Stenger, Mary Ann // Journal of Church & State;Winter92, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p169
Reviews the book `Theonomy: A Reformed Critique,' edited by William S. Barker and W. Robert Godfrey.
- Spare the rock, spoil the child, says Reconstructionist. // Church & State;Mar1999, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p16
Reports on Christian Reconstructionist pastor William Einwechter' defense of the practice of stoning disobedient children, citing biblical rationale. Article by Einwechter in the journal `Chalcedon Report'; Einwechter as vice-moderator of the Association of Free Reformed Churches;...
- Theonomy and Scripture. Lofton, John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1990, Issue 5, p6
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Why Wait for the Kingdom? The Theonomist Temptation," by Richard John Neuhaus in the May 1990 issue.
- NATURAL LAW AS A "WORK OF REASON": UNDERSTANDING THE METAPHYSICS OF PARTICIPATED THEONOMY. Rhonheimer, Martin // American Journal of Jurisprudence;2010, Vol. 55, p41
The article discusses the significance of the document "The Search for Universal Ethics: A New Look at Natural Law," presented by the Institute of Theological Commission (ITC) to advocate universal ethics under the natural law tradition. It explains that several factor should be considered to...
- PAUL TILLICH AND THE THEOLOGY OF GERMAN RELIGIOUS SOCIALISM. Marsden, John // Political Theology;Jan2009, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p31
Although Tillich is better known for his later work in the United States, it was in his earlier religious socialism that he forged many of the central features of what proved lasting in his theology The political ferment following the collapse of imperial Germany after the First World War had...
- THEONOMIC POSTMILLENNIALISM. // Armageddon Now;2006, p396
Information about Theonomic Postmillennialism is presented. It highlights the definition of theonomy which is often denoted with the concept of human society. It also features Christian Reconstructionism through the success of preaching, evangelism, and ministry. Advents of Jesus Christ was also...
- Why Wait for the Kingdom? The Theonomist Temptation. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;May1990, Issue 3, p13
Comments on the pervasive influence of the theonomic movement on religion and public life in the U.S. Appeal of theonomy to religious conservatives; Individuals involved in the establishment of the theonomic movement; Dispute among major theonomists on the idea of Bible law; Bases for the...