- The Cretan. GREEN, PETER // New Republic;9/24/90, Vol. 203 Issue 13, p39
Reviews the book "Kazantzakis: Politics of the Spirit," by Peter Bien.
- Kazantzakis. Politics of the Spirit. MACKRIDGE, PETER // Journal of Hellenic Studies;2008, Vol. 128, p291
The article reviews the book "Kazantzakis: Politics of the Spirit," volume two, by P. Bien.
- Secrets and Revelations: THEY'RE LITERATURE. THEY'RE GOSSIP. THEY'RE LIFE. Ardinger, Barbara // ForeWord;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p60
The author reflects on the inwardness of literature. She states the statement contending that literature is a mirror of life and sometimes a model. That it touches the lives and can learn the secrets of people one never meets in cultures and in societies no one ever visits. She mentions poets...
- How to Avoid Common Mistakes in Your Writing. Claudy, Tatiana // Writers' Journal;May/Jun2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p41
The article provides suggestions on how to avoid common mistakes in writing. In writing fiction or nonfiction, to do it with authority and confidence it needs thoroughly researched data. According to Alden Todd, an author of several books, it is the researcher's job to separate the factual and...
- How to organize a nonfiction feature: Structure in the road map to successful storytelling. Massé, Mark H. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep2006, Vol. 119 Issue 9, p26
This article offers tips on how to organize a nonfiction article. The writer must first be able to state the focus, theme or premise of his story in one brief sentence. An advice on how to find the focus of a story is presented. The writer must also need to analyze his material through...
- Von Namen und Dingen:Erkundungen zur Rolle des Ich in der Literatur am Beispiel von Ingeborg Bachmann,Peter Bichsel,Max Frisch,GottfriedKeller,Heinrich von Kleist,Arthur Schnitzler,Frank Wedekind,Vladimir Nabokov und W.G.Sebald (Book). Fuchs, Anne // Modern Language Review;Jan2004, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p265
Reviews the book "Von Namen und Dingen: Erkundungen zur Rolle des Ich in der Literatur am Beispiel von Ingeborg Bachmann, Peter Bichsel, Max Frisch, Gottfried Keller, Heinrich von Kleist, Arthur Schnitzler, Frank Wedekind,Vladimir Nabokov und W.G. Sebald," by Iris Denneler.
- Kierkegaard (Book). O'Brien, Robert C.; Fletcher, Janet; Fialkoff, Francine; Schwarzer, Anneliese; Sutton, Judith; Cameron, Janet // Library Journal;4/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p144
Reviews the book 'Kierkegaard: A Life of Allegory,' by Naomi Lebowitz.
- Discourse/Counter-Discourse (Book Review). Allen, James Smith // American Historical Review;Feb86, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p125
Reviews the book 'Discourse/Counter-Discourse: The Theory and Practice of Symbolic Resistance in Nineteenth-Century France,' by Richard Terdiman.
- Malory (Book Review). Lumiansky, Robert M. // English Language Notes;Sep76, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p56
Reviews the book 'Malory: Style and Vision in 'Le Morte Darthur',' by Mark Lambert.