BONHOEFFER'S LEGACY: THE CHRISTIAN WAY IN A WORLD WITHOUT RELIGION
- The Shame and the Sacrifice (Book). Rawlinson, Nora; Craft, Carolyn M. // Library Journal;11/1/1988, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p94
Reviews the book 'The Shame and the Sacrifice: The Life and Martyrdom of Dietrich Bonhoeffer,' by Edwin Robertson.
- Pastoral warning. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;5/17/95, Vol. 112 Issue 17, p551
Highlights the sentiments of the members of the Woodlake Lutheran of Richfield, Minnesota on the departure of their pastor. Perceptions of the Lutherans on their pastor.
- Faith and Fatherland: Parish Politics in Hitler's Germany. Spicer, Kevin P. // Journal of Church & State;Winter2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p178
The article reviews the book "Faith and Fatherland: Parish Politics in Hitlerâ€™s Germany," by Kyle Jantzen.
- TRUE PATRIOTISM. // New Yorker;2/4/1974, Vol. 49 Issue 50, p110
This article reviews the book "True Patriotism," by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, edited by Edwin H. Robertson and translated from the German by Robertson and John Bowden.
- Newly ordained pastor takes pulpit at Immanuel Lutheran. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/2/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p5
The article presents the new pastor of the Immanuel Lutheran Church Brian McQuiggin who begin his preaching career right out of the seminary and recently take the pulpit replacing the retired Immanuel Pastor Peter Diebenew in Clifton, Texas.
- Securing the reformation through education: The Duke's scholarship system of sixteenth-century... Methuen, Charlotte // Sixteenth Century Journal;Winter94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p841
Discusses the introduction of the Reformation into Wurttemberg in Germany necessitated by a supply of well-trained and loyal Lutheran clergy. Duke's scholarship system; Recipients of scholarships; Recommendations of applicants; Duke Ulrich's intentions for introducing the Reformation in Wurttemberg.
- In memoriam Edwin H. Robertson (1912-2007). Lee, Philip // Media Development;2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p44
Edwin H. Robertson, who has died in London (United Kingdom) of bronchial pneumonia, was Executive Director of the World Association for Christian Broadcasting (WACB) from 1964 to 1968. WACB was one of the groups of Christian communicators that preceded the formation of the World Association for...
- Canadian pastors and their wives. Johnson, Dennis L. // Swedish American Genealogist;Jun2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p26
The article reviews the book "Bread to Share: Stories About Saskatchewan's Early Lutheran Pastors & Their Wives," by Lois Knudson Munholland.
- Church Briefs. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/4/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 31, p9B
The article offers information on several Church events in 2010 in Texas including a condensed campaign by Main Street Baptist Church titled "Fishers of Men" to be held during August 4-29, 2010, Hill Country Tabemade of Praise's Top Festival on August 28, and the next meeting of the Genesis...