- Black Theology and Black Power (Book). Davis, James H. // Review of Religious Research;Winter72, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p154
Reviews the book "Black Theology and Black Power," by James H. Cone.
- THE PROPHETIC PERSONA OF JAMES CONE AND THE RHETORICAL THEOLOGY OF BLACK THEOLOGY. Johnson, Andre E. // Black Theology: An International Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p266
It has been forty years since James Cone burst on the scene with his provocative and challenging book Black Theology and Black Power. However, as Black Theology made its way through the halls of academia, Cone faced not only theological challenges but he also faced rhetorical challenges along...
- Contrasts and Fragments: An Exploration of James Cone's Theological Methodology. Cumming, Ryan P. // Anglican Theological Review;Summer2009, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p395
James H. Cone's work Black Theology and Black Power, considered by many the first major work of black theology in North America, still garners relatively little sustained attention from white North American theologians. In the opening section of this paper, I offer several reasons for this...
- 'Context,' You Say? KURTZ, STANLEY // National Review;5/19/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the black liberation theology espoused by the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, the former minister of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois, formerly attended by Democratic U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama. Wright's theology is traced to James H. Cone and...
- Speaking the Truth (Book Review). Walker, Theodore // Journal of Religious Thought;Winter/Spring88, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p94
Reviews the book 'Speaking the Truth Ecumenism, Liberation, & Black Theology' by James H. Cone.
- A Black Theology of Liberation, Fortieth Anniversary Edition. // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Jul2011, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p336
The article reviews the book "A Black Theology of Liberation," Fortieth Anniversary edition by James H. Cone.
- God of the Oppressed (Book Review). Wright Jr., Obie // Journal of Religious Thought;Spring/Summer77, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p50
Reviews the book 'God of the Oppressed,' by James H. Cone.
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree. Broadway, Mikael // Political Theology;Dec2012, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p782
The article reviews the book "The Cross and the Lynching Tree," by James H. Cone.
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree. Golden, Timothy Joseph // APA Newsletters;Spring2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p29
The article reviews the book "The Cross and the Lynching Tree" by James Cone.