- Digitalis (Book). Jelliffe, Roger W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun70, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p967
Reviews the book "Digitalis," edited by Borys Surawicz.
- Digital Intoxication (Book). Chou, Te-Chuan // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep70, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p506
Reviews the book 'Digitalis Intoxication,' by Edward K. Chung.
- Digitalis Glycosides (Book). Franki, William S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug86, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p328
Reviews the book 'Digitalis Glycosides,' edited by Thomas Woodward Smith.
- Is digitalis linked to yellow perspiration? P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p69
Looks into the link between digitalis and yellow perspiration. Yellow perspiration as result of an infection of the sweat gland apparatus.
- Is digitalis the solution or cause of this problem? Hammond, Cecile // RN;Oct81, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p51
Discusses several aspects of digitalis toxicity, a condition which can produce dysrhythmia. Double effect of digitalis; Signs of toxicity; Causes of digitalis toxicity; Cause of potassium loss; How drug interactions can lead to digitalis toxicity.
- Strengthening the heartbeat. // British Medical Journal;7/21/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6183, p160
Examines the use of digitalis in strengthening the force of heartbeat. Decline in value of digitalis in chronic heart failure in comparison to potent loop diuretics; Development of dobutamine through molecular manipulation of isoprenaline; Stimulation of cardiac beta-adrenoceptors.
- The Effect of Digitalis on the Cardiac Output of the Normal Heart at Rest and during Exercise. Rodman, Theodore; Gorczyca, Casimir A.; Pastor, Bernard H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct61, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p620
Investigates the effect of digitalis on the resting cardiac output of healthy young adult men and on the response of the cardiac output to an increase in metabolic demand. Extracardiac effect of digitalis preparations; Absence of deleterious effect of digitalis on the normal or nonfailing...
- A Bitter Tale. Newman, Lori S.; Feinberg, Mark W.; LeWine, Howard E. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 1, p97
A response from Lori S. Newman, Mark W. Feinberg, and Howard E. LeWine to a letter to the editor on toxicity associated with digitalis is presented.
- A Comparison of Digitalis Intoxication in Two Separate Periods. Dubnow, Morton H.; Burchell, Howard B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May65, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p956
Compares digitalis intoxication in the periods 1940-1944 and 1958-1962. Indication for digitalis; Age at which digitalis intoxication was observed; Signs and symptoms of digitalis intoxication; Manifestations of digitalis intoxication.