- CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun84, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p934
Reviews the book 'Behavior and Arteriosclerosis,' edited by J. Alan Herd and Stephen M. Weiss.
- Cowdry's Arteriosclerosis (Book). James, Thomas N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep67 Part 1, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p683
Reviews the book 'Cowdry's Arteriosclerosis: A Survey of the Problem,' 2nd ed., edited by Herman T. Blumenthal.
- COWDRY'S ARTERIOSCLEROSIS. Dreiling, David A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1968, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p371
Reviews the book "Cowdry's Arteriosclerosis," 2nd ed., edited by Herman T. Blumenthal.
- The Clinical Aspects of Arteriosclerosis. // Angiology;Dec1957, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p566
Reviews the book "The Clinical Aspects of Arteriosclerosis," by Seymour H. Rinzler.
- arteriosclerosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p181
An encyclopedia entry for "arteriosclerosis," which refers to a disease of the arterial vessels, as well as a definition for the term "arteriosclerosis obliterans," is presented.
- Vintage health. Geier, Thom // U.S. News & World Report;11/7/94, Vol. 117 Issue 18, p16
Discusses how researchers have long questioned how the people of Southern France, who consume lots of wine and fat, have a low rate of heart trouble. Report by Horoshige Itakura in the British medical journal, the `Lancet'; Finding that red wine halts the oxidation of a key protein formed in...
- CORRECTION. // Angiology;Oct1962, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p462
Presents a correction to the article "Metabolic Enzymes in Arteriosclerosis" that was previously published in the January 1962 issue of "Angiology."
- The Trevor Howell lecture age, arterial stiffness and the endothelium. Cockcroft, John R.; Wilkinson, Ian B.; Webb, David J. // Age & Ageing;Dec97 Supplement 4, Vol. 26, p53
Focuses on the development of arterial stiffness as a result of ageing in the human body. Information on the changes which takes place in the arterial pulse; Details on the increased risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality with advancing age; Description of the affects of increased...
- atheronecrosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p207
A definition of the medical term "atheronecrosis," which refers to necrosis or degeneration accompanying arteriosclerosis, is presented.