- What Happens When Your Heart Beats? Barnett, Delvene A. // School Librarian;Spring2008, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p42
The article reviews the book "What Happens When Your Heart Beats?," by Jacqui Bailey.
- The Initiation of the Heartbeat (Book). Cranefield, Paul F. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec75, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p915
Reviews the book 'The Initiation of the Heartbeat,' by Denis Noble.
- Clinical Disorders of the Heart Beat (Book). Baird Jr., Charles L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb72, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p345
Reviews the book 'Clinical Disorders of the Heart Beat,' 3rd ed., edited by Samuel Bellet.
- Failure to uncover the effects of unconscious symbiotic fantasies on heart rate and fine motor ... Malik, Rajesh; Apel, Steffan; Nelham, Carolyn; Rutkowski, Cindy; Ladd, Herbert // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec97 Part 2, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p1231
Presents a study in which heart rate was monitored continuously during stimulus presentation and the fine motor task. Results of study; Method which study was conducted; Details on the men and women who were tachistoscopic.
- A refresher: Normal sinus heart rate. P.F.C. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p142
Focuses on the accepted heart-rate limits for bradycardia and tachycardia thresholds. Mean resting heart rates of normal subjects; Desirability of the establishment of 50-90 beats per minute as normal.
- Abstracts from the annual meeting of the Pavlovian society. // Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science;Apr-Jun97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p187
Presents an abstract of the research `Evidence of Sympathetic Influence on QT Interval Independent of Heart Rate,' by R. Negoescu, D.D. Ionescu, et al, presented at the annual meeting of the Pavlovian Society held in Baltimore, Maryland, on November 14-16, 1996.
- Old cricket says. // Cricket;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p64
Reports that the heart beat is an example of inner music which people make even if they don't play an instrument. Beat of the pulse; Sound from the stethoscope; Analysis of heartbeats.
- One measure of good physical conditioning. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec96, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the heart rate that indicates good physical conditioning within five minutes of completing a vigorous workout.
- How to figure your target heart rate. // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct98, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p138
Provides information on how to decipher one's target heart rate zone, during exercise. Mathematical calculation of the target heart rate zone.