- Infective Endocarditis (Book). Abrutyn, Elias // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct78, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p583
Reviews the book 'Infective Endocarditis,' edited by Shahbudin H. Rahimtoula.
- Treatment of Infective Endocarditis. Cates, J. E. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct1982, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p830
The article reviews the book "Treatment of Infective Endocarditis," edited by Alan L. Bisno.
- Infective Endocarditis: Management in the Era of Intravascular Devices. Mylonakis, Eleftherios // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/15/2007, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p1405
The article reviews the book "Infective Endocarditis: Management in the Era of Intravascular Devices," edited by John L. Brusch.
- Infective Endocarditis. Neu, Harold C. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/17/93, Vol. 328 Issue 24, p1793
The article reviews the book "Infective Endocarditis," by Donald Kaye.
- ROLE OF PLATELET RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS AND CULTURE MEDIA ON STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS-INDUCED PLATELET AGGREGATION: IMPLICATIONS FOR THE PATHOGENESIS OF INFECTIVE ENDOCARDITIS. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA85
An abstract of the article "Role of Platelet Receptor Polymorphisms and Culture Media on Staphylococcus Aureus-Induced Platelet Aggregation: Implications for the Pathogenesis of Infective Endocarditis," by S. Daga, D. E. Newby, J. R. Fitzgerald, and colleagues is presented.
- Egyptorium. M. O. 'D. // Reading Time;Feb2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p39
The article reviews the book "Egyptorium," by Laura Buller, Peter Chrisp and illustrated by Nick Abadzis, Andrew Kerr and Mark Millmore.
- Right-Side Endocarditis in Injection Drug Users: Review of Proposed Mechanisms of Pathogenesis. Frontera, Jennifer A.; Gradon, Jeremy D. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p374
Presents basic scientific, clinical, and microbiological data on infective endocarditis of the right-side heart valves. Pathogenesis of endocarditis; Endothelial damage in injection drug users; Relationship of infecting organism and valvular location.
- Proposed Modifications to the Duke Criteria for the Diagnosis of Infective Endocarditis. Li, Jennifer S.; Sexton, Daniel J.; Mick, Nathan; Nettles, Richard; Fowler, Jr., Vance G.; Ryan, Thomas; Bashore, Thomas; Corey, G. Ralph // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p633
Proposes modifications aimed at improving the Duke criteria for the diagnosis of infective endocarditis (IE). Shortcomings of the Duke criteria; Redefinition of possible IE; Clarifications of minor criteria for the diagnosis of IE; Information on the use of transesophageal echocardiography in...
- Bacterial Endocarditis: A Heart at Risk. // American Family Physician;3/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 6, Following p1732
Presents information on bacterial endocarditis (BE). People at risk of bacterial endocarditis; How to prevent BE; Complications of the disease.