Progressives, Pluralists, and the Problems of the State: Ideologies of Reform in the United States and Britain, 1909-1926
- In search of the common good. Derbyshire, Jonathan // New Statesman;7/25/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5063, p48
A review is presented of the electronic book "The Labour Tradition & the Politics of Paradox," edited by Maurice Glasman, Jonathan Rutherford, Marc Stears and Stuart White.
- Demanding Democracy: American Radicals in Search of a New Politics. Mattson, Kevin // Journal of American History;Sep2010, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p557
The article presents a review of the book "Demanding Democracy: American Radicals in Search of a New Politics," by Marc Stears.
- Book review article. Geographical correctness. Grant, A. and Stringer, K.J., editors, 1996: Uniting the kingdom? The making of British history. London: Routledge. vii+312 pp. #25.00 cloth. ISBN: 0 415 13041 7. Taylor, P.J. // Progress in Human Geography;Sep97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p425
Reviews the book 'Uniting the Kingdom? The Making of British History,' edited by A. Grant and K.J. Stringer.
- KITCHENER (Book Review). Judd, Denis // History Today;Mar78, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p200
Reviews the book 'Kitchener: Architect of Victory,' by George H. Cassar.
- THESE ARE THE BRITISH. SHERRY, GERARD E. // America;9/7/1957, Vol. 97 Issue 23, p596
The article reviews the book "These Are the British," by Drew Middleton.
- The British State and the Chartist Movement (Book). Belchem, John // English Historical Review;Oct90, Vol. 105 Issue 417, p1053
Reviews the book '1848: The British State and the Chartist Movement,' by John Saville.
- New Generation Book of the Year. Wrigley, Chris // History Today;Mar2005, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p5
Reviews the book "Victorians," by Ruth Brocklehurst.
- In Defence of History (Book). Munro, Doug // Journal of Social History;Fall2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p242
Reviews the book 'In Defence of History,' by Richard J. Evans.
- Domesday Book (Book Review). Abels, Richard P. // American Historical Review;Apr87, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p395
Reviews the book 'Domesday Book: A Reassessment,' edited by Peter Sawyer.