Home to Medicine Mountain (Book)
- Teaching Young Children about Native Americans and their Living Traditions. Singer, Judith; Field, Lynette // Social Science Docket;Summer/Fall2006, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p69
The article reviews several books related to Native Americans and their living traditions, including "Home to Medicine Mountain," by Chiori Santiago and illustrated by Judith Lowry, "Eagle Song," by Joseph Bruchac and illustrated by Dan Andreasen, and "Pueblo Boy: Growing Up in Two Worlds," by...
- Home to Medicine Mountain. San Francisco, CA: Children's Book. // Electronic Magazine of Multicultural Education;Spring2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p15
The article reviews the book "Home to Medicine Mountain," illustrated by Chiori Santiago and Judith Lowry.
- The Starboard Sea. Fristoe, Travis // Library Journal;11/1/2011, Issue 18, p69
A review of the book "The Starboard Sea," by Amber Dermont is presented.
- The Rivals. Jones, Sandi // Library Media Connection;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p80
The article reviews the book "The Rivals" by Daisy Whitney.
- Fall from Grace. // India Currents;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p19
The article reviews the book "Miss Timmins' School for Girls," by Nayana Currimbhoy.
- Prodigy // Kirkus Reviews;11/15/2005, Vol. 73 Issue 22, p1206
The article reviews the book "Prodigy," by Dave Kalstein.
- postscript. // Ornament;2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p80
The authors describe the challenges facing the publishing of "Ornament" magazine. After over thirty years of publishing "Ornament," many artists are no longer with the firm, as well as contributors, like the late Chiori Santiago. Even though the U.S. strongly supports globalization, with its...
- Fiction--grade 5 & up. Andronik, Catherine M. // Library Talk;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p27
Reviews several fiction books for children. Includes `The Comeback Challenge,' by Matt Christopher; `Purey Rosie Pearl,' by Patricia Cochrane; `Dolphin Treasures,' by Wayne Grover; `Child of the Wolves,' by Elizabeth Hall; `Earthquake Terror,' by Peg Kehret; `Room for a Stranger,' by Ann Turnbull.
- Books about all kinds of heroes. Freeman, Judy // Instructor-Primary;Apr98, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p26
Recommends books about heroes or others that lead interesting lives for reading by elementary school students. Includes `Meanwhile...,' by Jules Feiffer; `William the Curious: Knight of the Water Lilies,' by Charles Santore; `Birdie's Lighthouse,' by Deborah Hopkinson.