Fire Race: A Karuk Coyote Tale (Book)
- Fiction--grade 5 & up. Andronik, Catherine M. // Library Talk;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p27
Reviews several fiction books for children. Includes `The Comeback Challenge,' by Matt Christopher; `Purey Rosie Pearl,' by Patricia Cochrane; `Dolphin Treasures,' by Wayne Grover; `Child of the Wolves,' by Elizabeth Hall; `Earthquake Terror,' by Peg Kehret; `Room for a Stranger,' by Ann Turnbull.
- Hiccups/Drip Drop/First Day of Spring/Maxwell Mouse/The Spelling Bee/Mud Pies/... (Book Review). Bearden, Joseph // School Library Journal;Sep82, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p102
Reviews children's literature. 'Hiccups, Hiccups,' by Rae Bains, illustrated by Otto Coontz; 'Mud Pies,' by Judith Grey, illustrated by Deborah Sims; Books written by Sharon Gordon; 'Drip Drop,' illustrated by Don Page; 'First Day of Spring,' illustrated by Christine Willis; 'Maxwell Mouse,'...
- Books about all kinds of heroes. Freeman, Judy // Instructor-Primary;Apr98, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p26
Recommends books about heroes or others that lead interesting lives for reading by elementary school students. Includes `Meanwhile...,' by Jules Feiffer; `William the Curious: Knight of the Water Lilies,' by Charles Santore; `Birdie's Lighthouse,' by Deborah Hopkinson.
- Anthology of Children's Literature (Book Review). // Education;Spring75, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p215
Anthology of Children's Literature. Fourth Edition. E. Johnson, E. R. Sickles, and F. C. Sayers. Illustrated by F. Eichenberg.Houghton Mifflin Company, New York, 1970. 1289 pp. The book is focused squarely on children's literature. Children's literature is considered to be a segment of...
- The Children's Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD). Young Jr., Terrence E. // School Library Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p98
Reviews the book "The Children's Literature Comprehensive Database."
- The Nutcracker (Book review). // School Library Journal;Oct87, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p31
Reviews the book 'The Nutcracker,' by E.T.A. Hoffmann and retold by Anthea Bell.
- Abiyoyo (Book). Powers, Susan // School Library Journal;Aug86, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p87
Reviews the book 'Abiyoyo,' adapted by Pete Seeger.
- Zebrafish. A. B. // Journal of Children's Literature;Fall2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p43
The article reviews the book "Zebrafish," illustrated by P. H. Reynolds.
- The Sorcerer's Scrapbook (Book Review). Chamberlin, Leslie Burk // School Library Journal;Jan82, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p60
Reviews the book 'The Sorcerer's Scrapbook, or, ''Why I Am a Wizard'' Being the Life and Times of Nicodemus Magnus, Doctor of Magic and Sorcerer to the Duke,' by Michael Berenstain.