Prevention and Treatment of Ischemic Stroke (Book)
- Handbook of Stroke Prevention in Clinical Practice/Prevention and Treatment of Ischemic Stroke. Wehrmacher, William H.; Messmore, Harry // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Jul2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p361
Reviews two books about stroke. "Handbook of Stroke Prevention in Clinical Practice," edited by K. L. Furie and P. J. Kelly; "Prevention and Treatment of Ischemic Stroke," by S. E. Kasner and P. E. Gorelick.
- Atlas of Cerebrovascular Disease. Wehrmacher, William H.; Messmore, Harry // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Fall1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p294
Reviews the book "Atlas of Cerebrovascular Disease," edited by Philip B. Gorelick.
- The Prevention of Stroke. Kernan, Walter N. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/23/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 4, p370
The article reviews the book "The Prevention of Stroke," edited by Philip B. Gorelick and Milton Alter.
- BOOK AND MEDIA REVIEWS. HYPERTENSION AND STROKE: PATHOPHYSIOLOCY AND MANAGEMENT. Varelas, Panayiotis N. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/16/2011, Vol. 306 Issue 19, p2160
The article reviews the book "Hypertension and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management," edited by Venkatesh Aiyagari and Philip B. Gorelick.
- Retinal imaging could help predict likelihood of stroke. Swain, Erik // Cardiology Today;Oct2013, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p30
The article discusses a study led by Doctor Philip B. Gorelick which suggests that retinal imaging could help detect the risk for stroke in people with hypertensive retinopathy.
- Book review: "Cerebral small vessel disease". What's the big deal about small vessels? Charidimou, Andreas // Frontiers in Neurology;Aug2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Critical Care. Rice, Charles L. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/4/90, Vol. 263 Issue 13, p1851
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Splanchnic Ischemia and Multiple Organ Failure,' edited by Adrian Marston, Gregory B. Bulkley and Richard G. Fiddian-Green.
- Research & Markets: the Book 'Therapeutic Strategies in Cerebral Ischemia 2011' Provides a Scholarly Review of Current Interventions, Their Advantages and Shortcomings. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/7/2011, p114
The article reviews the book "Therapeutic Strategies in Cerebral Ischemia 2011."
- Defining ischaemia. Sperelakis, Nicholas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/7/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7010, p890
Editorial. Focuses on the definition of ischemia. Role of myocardial cells in this condition; Involvement of slow calcium and ATP-regulated potassium channel; Mycocardial cells' protective response to ischemia; Body pH and ATP concentrations as intrinsic factors in the regulation of slow...