- Leo Bersani: Blue Blood and His Women. Bersani, Leo // New Republic;2/8/69, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p22
Reviews the book "The Girls," by Henry de Montherlant, translated by Terrence Kilmartin.
- SELECTED ESSAYS. // New Yorker;9/9/1961, Vol. 37 Issue 30, p156
The article reviews the book "Selected Essays," by Henry de Montherlant, translated by John Weightman.
- Moustique. Thiher, Allen // World Literature Today;Spring87, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p235
Reviews the book "Moustique," by Henry de Montherlant.
- LITERATURE AND ARTS. FARRELL, ISOLDE // America;5/7/1955, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p155
The article focuses on French playwright Henry de Montherlant and his play titled "Port-Royal." It mentions that Montherlant is the only French dramatists to have his works included in the curricula of schools and colleges during his lifetime. Accordingly, the play is about Port-Royal nuns whose...
- Correspondence. Roberts, Alan // World Literature Today;Summer84, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p391
Reviews the book "Correspondence," by Henry de Montherlant and Roger Peyrefitte and complied by Roger Peyrefitte and Pierre Sipriot.
- Montherlant, Henry de. Goodrich, Norma Lorre // Columbia Dictionary of Modern European Literature;1980, p544
A profile of French novelist, dramatist and essayist Henry de Montherlant is presented. Information on his birth, family background, and professional achievements is presented. Description of his writing style is presented. Some of his works include: "La Ville dont le prine est un enfant," and...
- IN DEFENSE OF HENRY DE MONTHERLANT'S DON JUAN. Masure-Williams, Monique // CLA Journal;Jun1989, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p466
Assesses the literary value of the history play "Don Juan," written by Henry de Montherland. Mixture of comic and dramatic elements in the play; Level of lyrical poetry in the hero's physical emotions; Balance in the use of dialect and idiomatic expressions with the classical type of long...
- Gardez tout en composant tout (1924-1972) (Book). Becker, Lucille F. // World Literature Today;Summer/Autumn2002, Vol. 76 Issue 3/4, p114
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Gardez tout en composant tout (1924-1972): Carnets inÃ©dits, derniers carnets,' written by Henry de Montherlant and edited by Jean-Claude Barat and Yasmina Barat.
- Beating. Gates, David // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep94, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p164
Presents a short story on a man-woman relationship.