- Proctalgia fugax. Nidorf, David M.; Jamison, Eric R. // American Family Physician;12/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p2238
Discusses diagnostic and management strategies for proctalgia fugax, a common but little-known cause of rectal pain. Clinical characteristics; Differential diagnosis; Etiology and pathophysiology; Treatment; Therapeutic alternatives.
- Erkranungen Von Rektum und Analkanal. Dreiling, David A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1971, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p564
Reviews the book "Erkranungen Von Rektum und Analkanal," by Hans Stirnemann and Fred Halter.
- Renal and Rectal Disease Texts. SCURLOCK, JOANN // Journal of the American Oriental Society;Apr-Jun2008, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p354
The article reviews the book "Renal and Rectal Disease Texts," by Markham J. Geller.
- ASK THE EXPERTS. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jun2009, Issue 320, p63
The article presents answer to a question about the natural way of treating hemorrhoids.
- Bleeding Per Rectum in a Patient with an Amputated Finger. Hakeem, Aijaz; Shafi, Hakim; Rasool, Shubana; Ahmad, Muneer // Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p213
A quiz about the diagnosis of the condition of a 42-year-old patient who had her right index finger amputated and is presented with symptoms of abdominal pain and bleeding per rectum.
- An Unusual Cause of Life-Threatening Rectal Bleeding. Reyes, Germán; Panchana, Guido; Marengo, Carlos; Nieto, Iván; Caputi, Rafael; Ribadeneira, Fernando; Fuentes, Arturo; Espat, N. Joseph // American Surgeon;Dec2008, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p1224
A letter to the editor about the case of rectal bleeding in patient with vascular tumor of the rectum is presented.
- Calculus in a congenital recto-urethral fistula: a late presentation. Ward, H. C.; Ghandour, K. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Nov1988, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p676
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about a congenital recto-urethral fistula, which appeared in the July 1988 issue.
- Hematoma of the Rectus Abdominis Muscle and Sheath. Naschitz, J. E.; Tsikonov, I.; Yeshurun, D. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1996, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p621
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Disorders of the Rectus Abdominis Muscle and Sheath: A 22-year Experience," by A. Lambroza, M. K. Tighe, J. J. DeCose et al. in the 1995 issue.
- Colonoscopic Evaluation of Rectal Bleeding. Tedesco, Francis J.; Wayne, Jerome D.; Raskin, Jeffrey B.; Morris, Steven J.; Greenwald, Richard A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec78, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p907
Examines the role of fiberoptic colonoscopy in the evaluation of patients with rectal bleeding. Sites of carcinoma or polyps found on colonoscopy; Role of colonoscopy in rectal bleeding; Comparison of colonoscopy and barium enema in patients with anemia and positive occult blood.