- Cholestasis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency... Liu, Katherine J.M.; Atten, Mary Jo // American Surgeon;Jun1997, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p519
Reviews cholestasis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Underlying causes of cholestasis; Predominant findings in patients with AIDS and hepatocellular diseases; Acalculous cholecystitis described; Two disease entities of abnormalities of intraheptic/extraheptic duct.
- Everolimus. // Reactions Weekly;6/19/2010, Issue 1306, p23
The article describes the cases of two patients who developed cholestasis after receiving everolimus.
- Intrahepatic Cholestasis. Greenstein, Adrian J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1976, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p316
Reviews the book "Intrahepatic Cholestasis," edited by P. Gentilini, U. Teodori, S. Gorini and H. Popper.
- Corrigendum. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Jul2004, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p142
Presents a correction to the article "Cathepsin B Inactivation Attenuates Hepatic Injury and Fibrosis During Cholestasis" that was previously published in the vol. 112, 2003 issue of the "Journal of Clinical Investigation."
- Antidepressant induced cholestasis: hepatocellular redistribution of multidrug resistant protein (MRP2). Milkiewicz, P.; Chilton, A.P.; Hubscher, S.G.; Elias, E. // Gut;Feb2003, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p300
Background: We report two cases of antidepressant induced cholestasis. Case reports: We describe the first reported case of acute cholestasis due to citalopram (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) occurring in a patient who also experienced obstetric cholestasis in association with each of...
- Hepatoprotection with tauroursodeoxycholate and Î² muricholate against tauroilthocolate induced cholestasis: involvement of signal transduction pathways. Milkiewicz, P.; Roma, M.G.; Elias, E.; Coleman, R. // Gut;Jul2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p113
Background: Tauroursodeoxycholate (TUDC) provides partial protection against taurolithocholate (TLC) induced cholestasis, possibly by inducing a signalling cascade activating protein kinase C (PKC). The potential protective effects of Î² muricholic acid (Î²-MC), another 7-Î²-hydroxylated...
- Arteriohepatic Dysplasia: A Benign Syndrome of Intrahepatic Cholestasis with Multiple Organ Involvement. Riely, Carolyn A.; Cotlier, Edward; Jensen, Pamela S.; Klatskin, Gerald // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct79, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p520
Presents clinical reports of patients with arteriohepatic dysplasia or Alagille's syndrome, an intrahepatic cholestatic syndrome. Information on intrahepatic cholestasis; Background on the patients; Results of the clinical reports.
- Sepsis and cholestasis. Paton, Alex // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/6/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6449, p857
Examines the association of cholestasis with sepsis. Cause of cholestasis; Symptoms on the development of sepsis in patients with cholestasis; Sites common in sepsis infection.
- Lamotrigine/quetiapine/zopiclone. // Reactions Weekly;9/25/2010, Issue 1320, p32
The article describes the case of a 36-year-old man who developed cholestasis leading to hypercholesterolaemia and pseudoponatraemia while receiving quetiapine, lamotrigine and zopiclon for bipolar affective disorder.