A CASE AGAINST ACCIDENT AND SELF-ORGANIZATION
- Math in Nature: Scientists Research a World of Patterns. Waters, Jen // World & I;Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses mathematics in nature. Many mathematicians and scientists regard mathematics to be the science of patterns. Examples of mathematical patterns include the rainbow and sand dunes. According to Dean L. Overman, author of "A Case Against Accident and Self-Organization," the...
- WHO'S READING WHAT. // New Scientist;03/10/2001, Vol. 169 Issue 2281, p51
Presents what palaeontologist Richard Fortey and chemist Mary Archer are reading. 'Being Dead,' by Jim Crace; 'The Eighth Day of Creation,' by Horace Judson; 'A Case Against Accident and Self-Organization,' by Dean Overman; Others.
- A MAN AGAINST INSANITY. FLACH, FREDERICK F. // America;4/6/1957, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p21
The article reviews the book "A Man Against Insanity," by Paul de Kruif.
- Accidents Will Happen: The Case Against Nuclear Power by the Environmental Action Foundation (Book). Derman, Lisa // New Republic;1/19/80, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p40
Reviews the book "Accidents Will Happen: The Case Against Nuclear Power by the Environmental Action Foundation."
- Book reviews. Strohman, Richard C. // Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science;Apr-Jun94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p193
Reviews the book `The Origins of Order: Self Organization and Selection in Evolution,' by Stuart A. Kauffman.
- States of mind. Friston, Karl J. // Nature;6/22/1995, Vol. 375 Issue 6533, p643
Reviews the book `Dynamic Patterns: The Self-Organization of Brain and Behaviour,' by J.A. Scott Kelso.
- An orderly progression out of chaos. Lewin, Roger // New Scientist;6/5/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1876, p46
Reviews the book `The Origins of Order: Self-Organization and Selection in Evolution,' by Stuart A. Kauffman.
- Against Liberalism. John Kekes. Reiman, Jeffrey // Mind;Oct2001, Vol. 110 Issue 440, p1077
Reviews the books 'Against Liberalism' and 'A Case for Conservatism,' by John Kekes.
- Accidents Will Happen (Book Review). Mansfield, Jerry // Library Journal;1/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p87
Reviews the book 'Accidents Will Happen: The Case Against Nuclear Power,' edited by Lee Stephenson and George R. Zachar, with the assistance of Gail Kovach, with introduction by Ralph Nader.