- Office Management of Obesity (Book). Tofield, Chris // New Zealand Doctor;10/20/2004, p29
Reviews the book "Office Management of Obesity," by George A. Bray.
- THE METABOLIC SYNDROME AND OBESITY. Colman, Eric // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/15/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 15, p1605
The article reviews the book "The Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity," by George A. Bray.
- sweet escape. // Teen Vogue;Mar2008, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p49
The article reveals the findings of a study by researcher George Bray, a professor of Clinical Obesity and Metabolism at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center at Louisiana University in Baton Rouge, about the link between obesity and high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS). HFCS makes up about half...
- Obesity and Mental Disorders. Vaidya, Varsha // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/13/2006, Vol. 296 Issue 10, p1295
This article reviews the book, "Obesity and Mental Disorders," edited by Susan L. McElroy, David B. Allison and George A. Bray.
- How to manage obesity in the workplace. Bettelley, Clare // Employee Benefits;11/22/2013, p8
The article focuses on the ways for the management of obesity in the workplace. According to professors Barry Popkin and George Bray, the risk of diabetes and weight gain is increased by fruit juice and smoothies. Managing director Oliver Gray says that the healthy options which can used by...
- slimmer sodas. Blackwood, Alisa // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p178
Presents information on the results of a review of research recently published in the "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition," concerning the high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) content of soft drinks and fruit juices in the U.S. as of August 2004. Percentage increase in HFCS consumption between...
- Uh-oh--belly bulge. McGinnis, Marianne // Prevention;Mar2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p52
Reports that abdominal fat increases a person's risk for heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes. Guidelines proposed by leading obesity expert George Bray, a professor of nutrition and chronic diseases at Louisiana State University.
- pump you up. // Vegetarian Times;Nov2002, Issue 303, p17
Reports on the findings of physician George Bray of the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on the role of obesity in tumor growth. Information on how obesity increases risk for tumor growth.
- The Straight Dope on Diet Pills. Krucoff, Carol // Prevention;Dec2003, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p71
Provides information on weight loss drugs in the U.S. Analysis made by Louisiana State University researcher Doctor George Bray on the use of weight loss drugs; Therapeutic use of the drug orlistat; Effect of zonisamide on the body.