Island doctor: John Mackieson and medicine in nineteenth-century Prince Edward Island
- Island Doctor: John Mackieson and Medicine in Nineteenth-Century Prince Edward Island. (McGill-Queen's/Associated Medical Services [Hannah Institute] Studies in the History of Medicine, number 20.). Mitchinson, Wendy // American Historical Review;Apr2005, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p460
Reviews the book "Island Doctor: John Mackieson and Medicine in Nineteenth-Century Prince Edward Island," by David A. E. Shephard.
- John Snow--Anaesthetist to a Queen and Epidemiologist to a Nation. Forrester, John M. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jun1996, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p335
The article reviews the book "John Snow: Anaesthetist to a Queen and Epidemiologist to a Nation," by David A. E. Shephard.
- BOOK REVIEWS. Drotman, D. Peter // American Journal of Epidemiology;1996, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p711
The article reviews the book "John Snow: Anaesthetist to a Queen and Epidemiologist to a Nation: A Biography," by David A.E. Shephard.
- Series roundup. // Booklist;6/1/95, Vol. 91 Issue 19/20, p1792
Presents a bibliography of nonfiction series books. Includes `The Mexican-American Experience,' by Elizabeth Coonrod Martinez; `Interventionism,' edited by Paul A. Winters; `The Iroquois,' by Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve and illustrated by Ronald Himler.
- Series roundup. // Booklist;11/15/94, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p614
Lists nonfiction books according to series title. Includes `The War of 1812,' by Miriam Greenblatt; `Artists and Craftspeople,' by Arlene Hirschfelder; `How Democratic Is the United States?,' by Michael Kronenwetter.
- Books for youth: Series roundup. // Booklist;Jul98, Vol. 94 Issue 21/22, p1892
Presents a list of nonfiction series books that are grouped under series title and listed author. Title of series; Identity of authors for series.
- Waiting in the wings. Maryles, Daisy; Sanborn, Margaret // Publishers Weekly;3/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p16
Forecasts the most promising nonfiction novels to land in the bestseller list. `Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America,' by Nathan McCall; `Wherever You Go, There You Are,' by Jon Kabat-Zinn; `Zlata's Diary,' by Zlata Filipovic; `Anne Hooper's Pocket Sex Guide' and `Kama Sutra'...
- Untitled. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;10/25/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 43, p55
Introduces several nonfiction books that will be published in November, 1993. `Way Out West,' by Jane and Michael Stern; `Pump and Circumstance: The Glory Days of the Gas Station,' edited by Janet Kardon; `Great Painters of the World,' by Jean-Francois Guillou; More.
- The Bibliography of Museum Art Gallery Publications and Audio-Visual Aids in... (Book). Kaplan, Robin // Library Journal;10/1/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 17, p1968
Reviews the book 'The Bibliography of Museum Art Gallery Publications and Audio-Visual Aids in Great Britain and Ireland 1977,' edited by Jean Lambert.