Signs of Intelligence: Understanding Intelligent Design (Book)
- SIGNS OF INTELLIGENCE: UNDERSTANDING INTELLIGENT DESIGN. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep2001, Issue 115, p75
Reviews the book 'Signs of Intelligence: Understanding Intelligent Design,' edited by William A. Dembski and James M. Kushiner.
- SIGNS OF INTELLIGENCE (Book Review). Zaleski, Jeff; Riess, Jana // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p201
Reviews the book `Signs of Intelligence: Understanding Intelligent Design,' edited by William D. Dembski and James Kushiner.
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;8/17/1918, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p461
The article lists the books received by the publication including "Eight-Minute Sermons," by William Demony, "What Every Woman Knows," by James M. Barrie, and "Kipling, the Story-Writer," by Walter Morris Hart.
- 'THE FACE' OF AMERICA. // Entertainment Weekly;6/20/2003, Issue 715, p79
Presents a list of the top ten fiction and non-fiction books released in the U.S. as of June 20, 2003.
- Key events in Henry VIII's life. // History Today;Jun91, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p2
Chronicles the key events in the life of England's King Henry VIII, from his birth in 1491 to his death in 1547, including personal, political, and religious highlights. Accession to the throne; Invasions of France; Rejection of papal authority; His marriages.