Taitaduhaan: Western Mono Ways of Speaking (Book)
- Language, History and Identity: Ethnolinguistic Studies of the Arizona Tewa. Blomberg, Judith A. // American Indian Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p296
Reviews the book "Language, History and Identity: Ethnolinguistic Studies of the Arizona Tewa," by Paul V. Kroskrity.
- Telling Stories in the Face of Danger: Language Renewal in Native American Communities. HAKIMI-HOOD, HEIDI S. // Journal of the American Studies Association of Texas;Nov2013, Vol. 44, p68
No abstract available.
- Native American Language Ideologies: Beliefs, Practices, and Struggles in Indian Country. Nez, Vangee // American Indian Quarterly;Winter2011, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p146
Reviews the book "Native American Language Ideologies: Beliefs, Practices, and Struggles in Indian Country," edited by Paul V. Kroskrity and Margaret C. Field.
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;8/17/1918, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p461
The article lists the books received by the publication including "Eight-Minute Sermons," by William Demony, "What Every Woman Knows," by James M. Barrie, and "Kipling, the Story-Writer," by Walter Morris Hart.
- 'THE FACE' OF AMERICA. // Entertainment Weekly;6/20/2003, Issue 715, p79
Presents a list of the top ten fiction and non-fiction books released in the U.S. as of June 20, 2003.