More About Jake
- The amazingly expensive Spiderman. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/28/93, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p30
States Calgary comic dealer Gary Roy last month sold a copy of Marvel Comics' `Amazing Fantasy No. 15' for a staggering $14,000, the most ever paid for a comic book. Steven Fishler of New York's Metropolis Comics paid the handsome sum for the inaugural issue of the Amazing Spiderman, still...
- FAST FORWARD. // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p35
Focuses on the distinction between comic books published in Japan and the U.S.
- Serious business. McCoy, F.; Edmond Jr., A. // Black Enterprise;Sep89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p86
Examines the enormous profits being made in the comic book industry. Opportunities for gifted blacks in the field; Causes for the comic book market boom; Top blacks in the industry.
- A boy and his tiger. Higdon, Hal // Boys' Life;Sep93, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on one of America's favorite comic strips, `Calvin and Hobbes.' How Hobbes, the stuffed animal, comes to life in Calvin's imagination; Cartoonist Bill Watterson, who draws the comic; Number of papers the comic appears in; Watterson's awards from the National Cartoonists Society (NCS).
- CHIP'S CHUMS. Barrows, Marjorie // Child Life;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p13
Presents the comic strip `Chip's Chums.'
- CHIP'S CHUMS. Barrows, Marjorie // Child Life;Jun2001, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p11
Presents the comic strip `Chips Chums.'
- Ghostly contest. // Editor & Publisher;10/05/96, Vol. 129 Issue 40, p36
Announces the `Ghost Story Club' comic's second annual writing contest.
- Syndicates/news services. // Editor & Publisher;12/07/96, Vol. 129 Issue 49, p32
Reports on the 5th anniversary of the comic strip, `Betty' by Gary Delainey and Gerry Rasmussen of Newspaper Enterprise Association.
- Innovative web site for `Frank & Ernest'. Astor, David // Editor & Publisher;02/08/97, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p28
Features the Web site for the `Frank & Ernest' comic strip by Bob Thaves. Three-D characters and environments; Navigable QuickTime virtual reality files; Donation of a portion of the site's net revenue to the International Museum of Cartoon Art in Boca Raton, Florida.