- Myocarditis (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec84, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p889
Reviews the book 'Myocarditis: Precursor of Cardiomyopathy,' edited by John A. Robison and John B. O'Connell.
- Myocarditis: From Bench to Bedside. Sam, Flora // New England Journal of Medicine;7/3/2003, Vol. 349 Issue 1, p99
The article reviews the book "Myocarditis: From Bench to Bedside," edited by Leslie T. Cooper, Jr.
- Rubella-Associated Perimyocarditis . Harada, Tomohiro; Ohtaki, Eiji; Tobaru, Tetsuya; Kitahara, Koichi; Sumiyosi, Tetsuya; Hosoda, Saichi // Angiology;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p727
Perimyocarditis represents an inflammation of both the myocardium and pericardium. Although several causative agents have been recognized, pericarditis or myocarditis associated with rubella is an unusual complication. In a 29-year-old woman, left ventricular function transiently deteriorated...
- Fatal mumps myocarditis in an 8-month-old child. Brown, N.J.; Richmond, S.J. // British Medical Journal;8/2/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6236, p356
Reports a case of mumps myocarditis which presented as a cot death in a previously healthy baby. Symptoms of the disease; Infiltration of the myocardium with lymphocytes; Detection of mumps virus in the heart.
- Viruses and the Heart. // British Medical Journal;3/15/1975, Vol. 1 Issue 5958, p589
Focuses on the incidence of viral myocarditis in Great Britain. Signs and symptoms; Diagnosis through electrocardiogram; Relevance of viral infection to chronic cardiomyopathy.
- Histologic and cytokine response to immunosuppression in giant-cell myocarditis. Levy, Nat T.; Olson, Lyle J.; Weyand, Cornelia; Brack, Alexander; Tazelaar, Henry D.; Edwards, William D.; Hammill, Stephen C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;04/15/98, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p648
Examines the medical case report of two patients with giant-cell myocarditis. How giant-cell myocarditis is characterized; Reference to a previous study which suggest that myocardial inflammation is mediated by T cells and giant cells; Response of the patients to cytolytic therapy; Methodology...
- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;2/4/2012, Issue 1387, p14
The article describes the case of a 48-year-old man who developed allergic myocarditis while being treated with clozapine, and subsequently died.
- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;2/13/2010, Issue 1288, p13
The article describes the case of a 31-year-old man with paranoid schizophrenia who developed myocarditis after clozapine was added to his existing antipsychotic regimen.
- Tretinoin. // Reactions Weekly;7/31/2010, Issue 1312, p44
The article describes the case of a man who developed myocarditis while receiving treatment with tretinoin.