THE A-1 SKYRAIDER IN VIETNAM: The Spad's Last War (Book)
- GUNSHIPS: The Story of Spooky, Shadow, Stinger and Spectre. Boyne, Walter J. // Aviation History;May2010, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p61
The article reviews the book â€œGunships: The Story of Spooky, Shadow, Stinger and Spectre," by Wayne Mutza.
- Grumman Albatross: A History of the Legendary Seaplane (Book). Mersky, USNR (Ret.), Cdr. Peter B. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 79 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reviews the book "Grumman Albatross: A History of the Legendary Seaplane," by Wayne Mutza.
- Brazil takes delivery on first of 79 AMX fighters from Embraer. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/13/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 20, p27
Reports that the Brazilian air force has taken delivery of the first of seven AMX fighters, designated the A-1, from Embraer, built jointly by Embraer, Aeritalia and Aermacchi.
- Embraer AMX production on schedule; second, third aircraft in final assembly. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/4/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p66
Reports that Embraer is on schedule to fulfill its role in the production of the AMX attack aircraft, designated the A-1 by the Brazilian air force. The first production version AMX made its initial flight and two others are in final assembly.
- Mail Buoy. Pons, Gregory; Holmbeck, Bob; Boston, Michael; Kissick, Jim; Hollandsworth, Paul // Wings of Gold;Winter2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p68
Several letters to the editor are presented related to a book review of "USMC Aviators: Marine Corps Aviation in the Pacific 1941 - 1945," by Gregory Pons, a response to the article "Longest Skyraider Flights," by Ed Phillips and related to a correction in an article "The curved hyphenated line...
- USAF and VNAF A-l Skyraider Units of the Vietnam War. Guttman, Jon // Vietnam;Aug2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p65
The article reviews the book "USAF and VNAF A-l Skyraider Units of the Vietnam War" by Byron E. Hukee.
- PORTRAIT OF A WARPLANE. Rausa, R.M. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p34
Features the attack plane Skyraider. Historical background of the plane; Features of the plane; Capabilities of the plane.
- Skyraider Survival Stories. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p37
Relates survival stories of pilots of the attack plane Skyraider. Accounts on the experience of ensign John Rogers; Completion of a rail strike by ensign William R. Videto; Story behind 'The Whistler' moniker given to lieutenant commander Lynn DuTemple.
- Up Front in an EA-1F Skyraider. Feola, Gerald // Wings of Gold;Winter2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p66
A personal narrative is presented in which the author discusses his experience of flying on a mission of jamming the enemy radar in the four seater aircraft EA-1F Sky-raider (Fat Spad).