- Honoring HR's Brightest Lights. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the Optimas Awards of `Workforce' magazine designed to honor human resources practitioners. Meaning of the word optimas; Award categories; Date set for the awards' presentation.
- Optimas 2001. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p33
Looks at the companies receiving the 2001 Optimas Awards from `Workforce' magazine for their excellence in human resources management. Qualities of the Optimas awardees; Meaning of the Latin word optimas; Way to nominate an organization for the Optimas award.
- HR by the numbers. // Workforce (10928332);Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p89
Provides information on the findings of the `A Day in the Life of HR,' survey by `Workforce' magazine. INSETS: About the survey;Not the brightest bulbs #1: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow;Not the brightest bulbs #2: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow.
- HR by the Numbers. Bryan, Nancy Wong // Workforce (10928332);Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p94
Focuses on the results of the Day in the Life of HR, a survey of human resources (HR) professionals, conducted by the `Workforce' magazine for the year 2000. Statistical results; Worst crisis that HR professionals ever faced first thing in the morning; Company policies violated by HR professionals.
- Optimas 2000. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on `Workforce' magazine's 2000 Optimas Awards, an award that honors the excellence of business organizations in terms of personnel management. Role of human resources management in the success of companies; Mission of the Optimas Awards; Process of choosing the awardees.
- From Our Editors. // Workforce;Nov2013, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p4
The article informs that annual Human Resource (HR) Technology Conference & Exposition was attended by editors of the journal "Workforce" from October 6-9, 2013. It also presents two letters to the editor on the article "Absorbing the Lessons of a Five-Year Plan" by managing editor Rick Bell in...
- WORK FORCE SIZE AND SINGLE SHIFT SCHEDULES WITH VARIABLE DEMANDS. Burns, R. N.; Carter, M. W. // Management Science;May85, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p599
In recent years, labour negotiations for seven-day-week organizations such as hospitals, mining companies and chemical industries have seen an increased emphasis on improving shift schedules. This paper gives an exact lower bound on the number of workers required to satisfy such primary...
- Well Served by Serving Well. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the selection of articles to be published in the journal 'Workforce.'
- Survey. // Workforce (10928332);Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p17
Presents respondents' answer to the Workforce's September 1997 survey about how work and the human resource (HR) profession will change within the next 10 years. Presentation of the respondents' response to the Workforce's survey.