OVER SEAS: U.S. Army Maritime Operations1898 Through the Fall of the Philippines
- Over Seas (Book). // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2003, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p103
Reviews the book 'Over Seas: U.S. Army Maritime Operations, 1898 through the Fall of the Philippines,' by Charles Dana Gibson and E. Kay Gibson.
- Over Seas (Book). Linn, Brian McAllister // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Winter2002-03, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p140
Reviews the book 'Over Seas: U.S. Army Maritime Operations, 1989 Through the Fall of the Philippines,' by Charles Dana Gibson with E. Kay Gibson.
- 700 acres, water view. Mundy, Michael // Town & Country;Jul94, Vol. 148 Issue 5170, p80
Features the Seven Hundred Acre Island in Maine. Ownership by Charles Dana Gibson; Importance of the Island to Gibson's descendants; Description; Stories concerning the Island.
- A Cabinet Of Gold. KENNEDY, MARTHA H. // Library of Congress Magazine;May/Jun2013, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information on the exhibition titled "The Gibson Girl's America: Drawings by Charles Dana Gibson" being organized by the U.S. Library of Congress.
- Wise up! Bruce, David // Athens News;11/17/2014, p26
The author shares stories of people including a vegetable seller Chen Shu-Chu, fashion designer Charles Nolan and illustrator Charles Dana Gibson for whom money held different importance and how money should be utilised in helping others.
- From the Editor... Zimmer, Daniel // Illustration;Mar2015, Vol. 12 Issue 47, preceding p6
An introduction is presented where the editor discusses various reports in the issue on topics including a story of artist George Petty's life and the author's launching of some book projects on the website Kickstarter.
- THE COMING GAME. // American Heritage;Jun1967, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p112
Presents information on a sketch of intercollegiate football created by Charles Dana Gibson in 1895. Description of female players as depicted in the sketch; Response of students in both Vassar College and Yale University regarding intercollegiate football.
- The Gibson Girl. // American History Illustrated;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p14
Reports that illustrator Charles Dana Gibson's enduring image of the all-American woman during the turn of the century, the `Gibson Girl,' is the subject of a Museum of the City of New York exhibition showing through January 6, 1991.
- THE ART OF COLLECTING. // Library of Congress Magazine;May/Jun2013, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p19
An interview with Martha Kennedy, the curator of the exhibition titled "The Gibson Girl's America: Drawings By Charles Dana Gibson" by the U.S. Library of Congress is presented. When asked about his collection of illustration art, he refers to buying a Mead Schaeffer painting from a friend. He...