- ROADHOUSES. // Alaska Almanac;2007, Issue 31, p192
An encyclopedia entry about roadhouses in Alaska is presented. An important part of Alaska history, roadhouses were modest quarters that offered bed and board to travelers along early-day Alaska trails. By 1920, there were roadhouses along every major transportation route in Alaska. Most...
- PORTMAN HOTEL SOLD FOR ï¿½80M. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/14/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4455, p8
The article reports on the decision of the owners of Admiral Tavern to add London, England's four-star, 272-bedroom Portland hotel to their growing estate. Gloucester Capital, the company created by the Landesberg and Rosenberg families for the deal, is believed to have paid approximately...
- Waltzing the Fiddler. // Australian Hotelier;Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
Presents information on the Mean Fidler Tavern in Sydney, New South Wales. Overview of its establishment; Description of the hotel; Customer services and amenities.
- Slow weekend No. 2 Duchamp. Reese, Jennifer // Fortune;6/11/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p268
Evaluates the Duchamp inn in Healdsburg, California. Description of the Sonoma County property, which includes so-called artists cottages, villas and a lap pool; Style of furnishing chosen by owners Peter and Pat Lenz; Cost; Contact information.
- Two more hotels in Las Vegas. Noakes, Gary // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/13/2005, Issue 2665, p9
The article reports that Las Vegas, Nevada, is to follow last month's opening of the Wynn Hotel with the building of two more "mega" properties. The Wynn was due to be the world's most expensive hotel, with a $2.7 billion budget, but it has been eclipsed by the $3 billion Emirates Palace in Abu...
- Harborside Hideaways of Maine. Nangle, Hilary // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p29
Describes the features of hotels and inns at Harborside, Maine. Franciscan Guest House at Beach Avenue, Kennebunk; Maine Idyll Motor Court at U.S. Route 1, Freeport; Popham Beach Bed and Breakfast in Popham Beach, Phippsburg; Hotel Pemaquid in New Harbor; Ocean Meadows Inn in Prospect, Harbor.
- stays under $150. // National Geographic Traveler;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p65
The article presents information on several hotels with rates below $150. Hotel Deluxe is located near Washington Park and the Pearl District, Portland's trendy dining/shopping hub. This renovated art deco hotel takes its cue from Old Hollywood, with Coco Chanel-inspired table lamps and...
- Aquila Hotels & Resorts. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/28/2010, Issue 2914, p67
The article profiles the Aquila Hotels and Resorts located in Crete, Greece, which is composed of four five-star hotel properties. The five-star Aquila Rithymna Beach has Cretan village-style hotel which offers luxury, exceptional service and various types of rooms. The Aquila Porto Rethymno...
- Miami Nights. Wooldridge, Jane // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Apr2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p16
A review of several hotels in the beaches of Miami, Florida is offered, including the Tradewinds Apartment + Hotel located at 2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, the South Beach Miami hotel, Villa Paradiso, located at 1415 Collins Avenue and Hotel Urbano located at 2500 Brickell Avenue in downtown...