- The biggest wall of all. McKelway, Margaret // National Geographic World;Dec97, Issue 268, p16
Presents information on the history of the Great Wall of China. When the wall was constructed; Estimated distance the wall stretches. INSETS: The first emperor.;Off-the-wall facts..
- The Great Wall of China. // Illustrated London Reading Book;3/1/2006, p67
The important feature which the Great Wall makes in the map of China, entitles this vast barrier to be considered in a geographical point of view, as it bounds the whole north of China along the frontiers of three provinces. It was built by the first universal Monarch of China, and finished...
- Wall not so great. // New Internationalist;Jun98, Issue 302, p6
Reports that the Great Wall of China near the town of Shanhaikuan, has been vandalized. What part of the wall will be reserved as a tourist attraction; Views of locals on the destruction of the wall; Why the wall is being destroyed.
- PICTURE OF THE WEEK. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;9/28/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p2
A photograph of Zhang Huimin along with his father at the Great Wall of China is presented.
- Wall of Wonder. Gray, Nathan Hoturoa // National Geographic Explorer;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p10
The author relates his experience of exploring walking along the Great Wall of China.
- MANNING THE WALL. Pruech, Margarete // Calliope;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p15
The article presents information related to the Great Wall of China.
- Is the Wall Visible From Space? Debattista, Marina // Calliope;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p38
The article presents information on the visibility of Great Wall of China, from the space.
- A World Heritage Site. Pruech, Margarete // Calliope;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p48
The article presents information on the Great Wall of China.
- The construction projects of Shi-Huangdi. Placanica, Helen // Calliope;Oct97, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p27
Presents information on the construction of The Great Walls of China. Description of this structure; Reference to Shi-Huangdi and the unification of his empire; Indepth look as to why this structure was built; Background information on Shi-Huangdi's palace, A-fang.
- Generation gap. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct96, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p8
Reports that the Great Wall of China was built in different periods based on radar images interpreted by Chinese scientists.