CHAPTER VI: Interpretation of the Results/Conclusions
- STYLIZED ETHNOGRAPHY? EMMA BOVARY'S WEDDING(S). Spires, Jeffrey // French Studies;Jul2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p345
Examines the wedding episode in the French novel 'Madame Bovary,' by Gustave Flaubert. Analysis of the wedding practices and symbols depicted in the novel; Discussion on the opposing perspectives of the narrator and the character of the bride; Discussion on the characteristics of the bride and...
- Ever the same. Sayeau, Michael // New Statesman;12/6/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5030, p50
The article reviews the book "Madame Bovary," by Gustave Flaubert, translated by Lydia Davis.
- No Way, Madame Bovary. James, Clive // Atlantic;Oct2004, Vol. 294 Issue 3, p175
The article reviews the book "Madame Bovary," written by Gustav Flaubert and translated by Margaret Mauldon.
- Madame Bovary. Pour-El, I. // Library Journal;6/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p64
This article reviews the audio book "Madame Bovary," by Gustave Flaubert and narrated by Kate Reading.
- Appendix: Synopsis of the Novel. Lambros, Anna V. // Culture & the Literary Text: The Case of Flaubert's Madam Bovary;1996, p67
The article presents a synopsis of the novel Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert.
- The Demoralizer. Simon, Linda // World & I;Sep2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p259
Features author Gustave Flaubert. Family background; Difficulties faced by Flaubert in the writing and publication of his novel 'Madame Bovary'; His comments on the war between France and Prussia.
- Travel's Others: Realism, Location, Dislocation. Buzard, James // Journeys;Winter2015, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
This article explores the realist novel's reliance on the discourse of travel developed in the early decades of the nineteenth century, the discourse that authorized self-styled travelers over against the vulgar and proliferating tourists. Taking Gustave Flaubert's Madame Bovary as a case study,...
- THE SOUNDTRACK OF MADAME BOVARY: Flaubert's Orchestration of Aural Imagery. Gill, Richard // Literature Film Quarterly;Summer73, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p206
Discusses the film 'Madame Bovary,' directed by Gustave Flaubert. Focus and movement of certain scenes; Category of the sound effect to be found in 'Madame Bovary.'
- PART THREE: CHAPTER SIX. Flaubert, Gustave // Madame Bovary;2006, p305
Chapter 6 of part three of the book "Madame Bovary," by Gustave Flaubert is presented. The chapter focuses on the increasing debt of married couple Charles and Emma Bovary. Emma confronted her lover LÃ©on Dupuis about the latter's alleged indifference at his office in Rouen, France. Monsieur...