Chapter I: Toward a Mestiza Feminist Poetics
- A CANON OF ONE'S OWN. Cott, Nancy F. // American Prospect;6/4/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p46
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Inventing Herself: Claiming a Feminist Intellectual Heritage,' by Elaine Showalter.
- WILD ZONE. // Columbia Dictionary of Modern Literary & Cultural Criticism;1995, p319
A definition of the term "wild zone" is presented. It is a term introduced in the 1981 essay "Feminist Criticism in the Wilderness," by Elaine Showalter which designate a specifically female area of culture. She adapts an anthropological model developed by Edwin and Shirley Ardener, wherein a...
- A LITERATURE OF THEIR OWN: British Women Novelists from BrontÃ« to Lessing (Book). Squler, Susan // Virginia Woolf Miscellany;Winter77, Issue 9, p8
Reviews the book "British Women Novelists From BrontÃ« to Lessing," by Elaine Showalter.
- THE VINTAGE BOOK OF AMERICAN WOMEN WRITERS. BALTUS, LINDSAY // Bitch Magazine: Feminist Response to Pop Culture;Spring2011, Issue 50, p56
The article reviews the book "The Vintage Book of American Women Writers," edited by Elaine Showalter.
- THE VINTAGE BOOK OF AMERICAN WOMEN WRITERS. McNamee, Gregory // Kirkus Reviews;11/15/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 22, p142
The article reviews the book "The Vintage Book of American Women Writers," by Elaine Showalter.
- New Feminist Criticism: Essays on Women, Literature, and Theory. Mikal Garza, Ruth // Journal of South Texas English Studies;Winter2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p45
The article reviews the book "New Feminist Criticism: Essays on Women, Literature, and Theory," edited by Elaine Showalter.
- The Theory of Gynocriticism. Sim, Stuart; Van Loon, Borin // Introducing Critical Theory;9/ 1/2004, p145
The article discusses the views of several theorists of second-wave Anglo-American feminism on the theory of gynocriticism. These theorists include Elaine Showalter, Sandra Gilbert and Susan Gubar. It notes that for Showalter, gynocritics describe what she thought feminists ought to be doing in...
- Sexual Anarchy: Gender and Culture in the Fin de Siecle (Book). // Sight & Sound;May91, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p38
Reviews the book 'Sexual Anarchy: Gender and Culture in the Fin de Siecle,' by Elaine Showalter.
- Revisiting A Literature of Their Own. Flint, Kate // Journal of Victorian Culture (Edinburgh University Press);Winter2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p289
The article presents the author's views on the book "A Literature of Their Own," by Elaine Showalter. The author says that the book affected him at various front. The author praises Showalter for her creativity and style of writing. According to the author, in the midst of renowned women writers...