These Were Mari Sandoz's Sioux
- raising a child with good manners. Adams, Jane Meredith // Parenting;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p96
Presents tips on raising children with good manners. Inclusion of the subject of manners in conversations with children; Use of imaginary play to instill good manners; Use of distractions for unruly children.
- 3 Ways to Teach Why Manners Matter. Bellstrom, Kristen // Parenting;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p98
Presents ways in teaching children the importance of manners. Use of examples that the child can relate to; Inquiry on the child's feelings; Avoidance of arbitrary phrases in teaching manners.
- Chapter Four: CANADA'S FIRST NATIONS: THE WEST. // Before Canada: First Nations & First Contacts, Prehistory-1523;2005, p40
The article presents information on the Native People that settle in western Canada. The North American Indians who settled in western Canada's region practice a sacred ritual called the Sun Dance. This ritual existed in many forms among the different people of the Plains. Today the most...
- Black Elk's Relationship to Christianity. Holler, Clyde // American Indian Quarterly;Winter1984, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p37
Offers observation on the relationship of Black Elk, the holy man of the Sioux, with Christianity. Reason Black Elk was converted to Christianity; Information on the book "The Sacred Pipe"; Explanation on the Sun Dance.
- PRAYER FOR RAIN. // Saturday Evening Post;9/4/1937, Vol. 210 Issue 10, p18
Highlights the Sun Dance ceremony held by the Sioux Nation at Cannon Ball, North Dakota in July 1937. Background on the ceremony; Involvement of Indians from Montana and the Dakotas in the ceremony; Symbolism of the colored banners carried by the dancers.
- The Center Honoring Mari Sandoz in Nebraska. Clark, LaVerne Harrell // Journal of the West;Spring2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p111
Focuses on the establishment of the Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Society in honor of writer Mari Sandoz in Nebraska. List of the facilities found in the center; Services offered at the facility; Details of the fundraising activities of the Mari Sandoz Heritage Society.
- THE GRISLY EPILOGUE. . // American Heritage;Apr1966, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p73
An excerpt from the book "The Battle of the Little Bighorn," by Mari Sandoz is presented.
- Mari Sandoz' Western Nebraska. Emanuel, Mary Ethel // Nebraska Life;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p44
Provides information on various museum collections related to the late writer Mari Sandoz in Nebraska. Personal background; Details of the Sandoz collections at the Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center in Chadron, Nebraska; Features of the Mari Sandoz Room located in Gordon.
- Audio reviews. Kern, J.M. // Library Journal;5/15/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p144
Reviews the sound recording `Crazy Horse,` by Mari Sandoz.