CHAPTER FIVE: "Two Trains Running": Making Choices
- Great trains, great rides. Dane, Abe // Popular Mechanics;Aug93, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p30
Narrates the author's experience of riding several trains around America. Route; Amtrak Congressional; Capitol Limited; Southwest Chief; Durango & Silverton; California Zephyr; Coast Starlight; Pioneer; Via Rail's Canadian; Amtrak's Maple Leaf.
- Next Big Thing?: Intercontinental tube trains. // Stuff;Sep2012, Issue 162, p170
The article offers brief information on an evacuated tube train that can travel at 370 miles per hour (mph) for short trips and 400 mph for international trips.
- Nancy Hanks coach lives on-up North! Ingles, Dave // Classic Trains;Spring2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p88
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the train Nancy Hanks II, photo section of the classic trains, and trips to New England.
- A Brave New World. Sarvate, Sarita // India Currents;Sep2014, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of riding a train and travel to foreign nation which language she does not speak.
- First National Express! // Railways Illustrated;Sep2009, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p15
A photograph of one of the three DBS Class 90s called 90019 railroad train traveling to National Express East Anglica.
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels begins season's first journey. // South Asian Post;10/17/2013, p11
The article focuses on the first maiden journey of the luxury train for tourist Royal Rajasthan on Wheels with 26 passengers from New Delhi, India in October 2013.
- Maharajas' Express. // AirGuide Online.com;1/18/2010, p2
The article reports on the inaugural journey to be made by the Marajas' Express, the first cross-country luxury train of India.
- PLATFORM FREE. Nye, Jon; Patston, John; Franold, Paul; Stevenson, Chris; Kirby, Stephen; Vincent, James // Railways Illustrated;May2006, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p58
The article report developments in charter workings of railroad trains in Great Britain. The Pathfinder train will no longer be running as two separate trips, Liverpool to York and the York-S&C circular. The 55022 train is active at preserved railways, including its new home line, the East Lancs...
- Heritage down the line. // Travel Weekly Australia;10/26/2007, Issue 71, p17
The article presents various information and features in train journeys. Two trains, including the Superliner, which travels in the U.S. and Spirit of the Outback, traveling in Australia, are featured with their point of destination, the train itself, the duration of travel, highlights, and the...