CHAPTER SIX: ADRIENNE RICH: THE UNION OF FEMINIST, GAY, AND LESBIAN THEORIES
- "Snapshots of a Daughter-in-Law." Rich, Adrienne; Wong, Cynthia // Snapshots of a Daughter-In-Law;2011, p1
Snapshots of a Daughter-in-Law" is a ten-part poem, with each part composed of an uneven number of lines and stanzas. In each part, the speaker refers or alludes to a literary passage or phrase. The references provide her with a foundation for a philosophical discussion with the two women. In...
- COLLECTED. A. E. // Collected Poems by A.E. (George William Russell);1920, preceding p1
An introduction to the book is presented in which the author discusses the verses he thought of equal mood, poems that he has wished for his friends to read, and omission of those verses that failed to preserve some heat of the imagination.
- Take a wild picture! McLoughland, B.; Tull, B. // Ranger Rick;Nov90, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p40
Encourages people to write poetry about nature. Taking pictures with words; Choosing the right words; Examples of poems.
- Poetic karma. Watada, Terry // Canadian Literature;Winter97, Issue 155, p156
Presents information as it relates to poetry, while highlighting the author's experience with poetry. What inspires persons to write poetry; Excerpts of various poems; Revelation of the author's experiences.
- â€˜That Light of Outrageâ€™ : The Historicism of Adrienne Rich. Spencer, Luke // English: The Journal of the English Association;Jun2002, Vol. 51 Issue 200, p145
The article focuses on the works of poet and essayist Adrienne Rich. It examines the subject and themes of Rich's poems that focused on hopes of getting rid from anxiety, disillusionment, and the troubled region of public conflict. It also mentions Rich's poems and their significant meanings...
- Bad Ideas. Tracy, D. H. // Poetry;Nov2006, Vol. 189 Issue 2, p135
This article presents the author's comments on David Orr's article "Bad Guys," which appeared in the December 2004 issue of the journal. In response to Orr's question about the characteristics of a good poet, the author comments that a poet's conduct and the poetry's contract of intimacy...
- Donald Revell: An Interview. Marshall, Tod // American Poetry Review;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p29
Interviews Donald Revell, an American poet teaching at the University of Utah in Utah, Arizona, on poetry and poetics. Concept of time and poetic fragments used by poets; Post-modernism and modernism in poetry; Themes and poetic style; Language in poetry; Role and limitations of poetry; Revell's...
- This Man's Heart: Masculinity in the Poetry of E. E. Cummings. Whitesell III, Willis J. // Spring;Fall2003, Vol. 12, p150
Focuses on the analysis and interpretation of masculinity and the assessment of the personal influences in the poetry of E. E. Cummings. Thoughts on the relationship of Cummings with his father and its subsequent impact to his poetic style; Insights on the friendship of Cummings with British...
- The poem as story and song. Applewhite, James // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan97, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p13
The article offers advice on poetry writing. It comments on the focus on the poem's music and story, the technique on how to achieve the musical effect of a poem, and elements of a good poem. It explores an example of a poem that unites sound, suggestion, imagery and story to create a unified...