CHAPTER TWO: Equalizers: Allowing All Voices to Be Heard
- Language, Literacy, and Literature Network. FRANKLIN, JOHN // Education Update;Jun2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the Language, Literacy, and Literature Network which connects with educators, particularly language arts instructors through mailed newsletters.
- One person's opinion. van Zalingen, Carol // English Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the difference of opinion between language arts teachers referencing to the article `Sacred Cows Make the Best Hamburger' from the Newsweek paper. Circumstances which caused the difference; Information on the the Gulf Coast Conference on the Teaching of Writing which the...
- A second look. Humphrey, Tina // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p16
Presents an article on the second year of being a language arts teacher. Differences from the first year; Challenges of sponsoring a cheering squad; Activities accomplished.
- Supporting language arts innovations that endure. Sanacore, Joseph // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Sep96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p58
Discusses the ways language arts educators can promote enduring changes in the United States school culture. Enhancement of student's lifetime literacy; Professional development efforts; Effectivity and use of study groups; Parent involvement in the learning process. INSET: National center on...
- SCHEDULE OF WSA MEETINGS AND SECTIONS. // Western Speech;Oct1947, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Presents the schedule for Western Speech Association's combined convention with the Speech Association of America, the American Educational Theater Association and the American Speech Correction in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Jayme Geisendorfer. Stamper, Arianna // Teen Ink;Jan2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
In this article, the author discusses the extraordinary teaching skills of her middle school language arts teacher Jayme Geisendorfer.
- SERBEST ETKÄ°NLÄ°KLER DERSÄ°NDE SINIF Ã–ÄžRETMENLERÄ°N KENDÄ°LERÄ°NÄ° YETERLÄ° GÃ–RME DÃœZEYLERÄ°. TAŞDEMİR, Mehmet; SARGIN, Musa // Electronic Turkish Studies;Winter2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p933
Introduction and Aims Students' positive attitudes towards school are affected by different factors such as syllabuses, teachers' quality and educational activities. Besides these factors, considering students' developmental characteristics and interests, lesson times, breaks and extracurricular...
- YazarlÄ±k DÃ¶ngÃ¼sÃ¼â€™nÃ¼n ÃœÃ§Ã¼ncÃ¼ SÄ±nÄ±f Ã–ÄŸrencilerinin Yazmaya KarÅŸÄ± Tutum, AlgÄ± ve Yazma Becerilerine Etkisi. SEBAN, Demet // Education & Science / Egitim ve Bilim;2012, Vol. 37 Issue 164, p147
This study was designed to explore the effects of authoring cycle curricular framework on third grade students' writing skills, attitudes toward writing and self-perceptions as writers. Pre-test and post-test control group experimental design was used in the study the results of which revealed...
- Opportunity to Participate in Standard Setting or Alignment Study. // Learning Matters;3/12/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) is looking for English language arts, reading and special educators to serve on committees in summer 2013.