Destabilizing the Borders Between the Body and Ideology
- A Highly Moral Mission. Gutsko, Denis // Russian Studies in Literature;Fall2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p69
The article discusses the author's views and beliefs on the noble feeling elicited in Russian literature which is hardly accepted as a valid criterion for writing or critically analyzing literature. It states that a literary or critical movement suggesting that morality should supercede its...
- MURDER AND LOVE: RUSSIAN WOMEN DETECTIVE WRITERS. WESTSTEIJN, WILLEM G. // Textxet: Studies in Comparative Literature;2009, Vol. 56, p159
The article probes into the genre of detective novels by Russian women. An outline of the novel "Nezhnoe dykhanie smerti" by Anna Malysheva is presented. At the start of the reign of Mikhail Gorbachev, the Russian literature had been influenced the dogmas of Socialist Realism. However, the...
- Leviathan, or the Grandeur of Soviet Literature. Khazanov, Boris // Russian Studies in Literature;Winter2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the contemporary Russian literature. Issues tackled in compendia of literary history; Emergence of organized literature; Manifesto of literary and political rehabilitation.
- What's Marketing Got to Do with It? The Middle Class as an Issue in Twenty-First-Century Russian Literature. Tsiplakov, Georgii // Russian Studies in Literature;Spring2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the evolution of Russian literature in the commercial realities of post-Soviet Russia. It is argued that the chief problem of contemporary literature and criticism is not found in the writer's psychology or in the status of the literary marketplace. It is suggested that...
- The Contemporary Study of the Creative Work and Literary Culture of Old Believers. Dergacheva-Skop, E. I. // Izvestia. Ural Federal University Journal. Series 2. Humanities ;2014, Issue 3, p317
The reviewer praises the innovative character and topicality of Olga Zhuravel's The Literary Work of Old Believers in the 182 ï¿½ Early 21st Centuries: Topics, Problems, Poetics. The reviewer also analyzes the source basis, the methods of research used in the work, and emphasizes the value of...
- The Russia We Acquired. Dobrenko, Evgenii // Russian Studies in Literature;Fall2001, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p61
Analyzes the fate of classic Russian literature on Joseph Stalin's silver screens. Socialist realist culture; Value of the Russian Revolution; Screen adaptations in the Stalinist era.
- Spiele der Revolte: Karl Mickel und die konspirative Poetik der SÃ¤chsischen Dichterschule. Gerrit-Jan Berendse // Neophilologus;Apr2007, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p281
In the light of the rigid yet outdated doctrine of Socialist Realism any literary text and work of art that did not wish to assimilate was met by suspicion. The poets who started their careers in the German Democratic Republic in the mid-1960s were very much aware of the guidelines set out for...
- Semiosferizm as the literary directions in the XXI century. Komovskaya, Elena // Concept / Koncept;2014, Issue 9, p1
In article the new literary direction a semiosferizm is considered. An attempt to give working definition to this current is made. Ex-literary and actually literary reasons of development of this phenomenon are allocated.
- Folk Origins as an Aesthetic Category in 19th Century Russian Literary Criticism. Zhitkova, L. N. // Izvestia. Ural Federal University Journal. Series 2. Humanities ;2014, Issue 2, p317
The article studies the main periods of formation and development of the category of folk origins in literary criticism of the 19th century, focusing her attention on the aesthetic positions of V. Belinsky, I. Kireevsky, V. Maykov, Ap. Grigoryev, as well as N. Chernyshevsky, A. Skabichevsky, and...