Literature as a World of Luminous Accidents
- TOPICS OF INTEREST. MURPHY, EDWARD F.; FOSTER, HORACE; OTTEN, JOSEPH; O'MALLEY, AUSTIN; DALY, JAMES J. // America;5/15/1915, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p113
The article presents comments from different individuals on various topics of interest. Edward F. Murphy's comments are presented on Theodore Schroeder's unique theory that the ultimate essence of religion is sexuality. Horace Foster compares a Catholic and a non-Catholic publication. J. Harding...
- Sex. Stafford, Tim // Campus Life;Sep94, Vol. 53 Issue 2, Radical View p1
Discusses the truth and consequences aspects of sexuality. Sexuality as a creation of God; Comparison of sexuality and the power of electricity; The sexual potential that is wired in at birth; The challenge from God.
- HUMAN SEXUALITY IN A SEXUALLY POLYMORPHOUS WORLD, PART II. Strauss, Gary H.; Yarhouse, Mark A. // Journal of Psychology & Theology;Fall2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p183
Part II. Introduces several articles on human sexuality in the context of Christianity.
- A textbook case. Callahan, Sidney // Commonweal;3/11/94, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p4
Comments on the contents of a textbook prepared by secular sexoloists from the perspective of a Catholic. Benedictine theologian Sebastian Moore on the poverty of the tradition on sexuality; Inherence of goodness in human sexuality; Pursuit of a Christworthy sexual ethic.
- Preaching that oh-so-delicate subject. Hybels, Bill // Leadership Journal;Summer95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the difficulties encountered by pastors in preaching about sex. Understanding of human sexuality as one of God's gift; Direct and indirect approach in preaching about sex; Development of positive messages on sexuality.
- Tattleware. Poubelle, Blanche // Guide;Apr2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
Says that "New Man" is a Christian men's magazine in the United States that discussed accountability partners, a practice in which men form partnerships devoted to keeping each other in obedience to Christian teachings. Conversation on a daily basis about the temptations they face in trying to...
- Doing it by the book. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;5/3/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p47
Focuses on the publication of evangelical sex manuals in the U.S. Implications of the publication of sex manuals for Christians; Inclusion of topics about sex in religious manuals; Challenges faced by the church in addressing the issue.
- PROFOUND SEXUAL AND SPIRITUAL ENCOUNTERS AMONG PRACTICING CHRISTIANS: A PHENOMENOLOGICAL ANALYSIS. MacKnee, Chuck M. // Journal of Psychology & Theology;Fall2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p234
Existential-phenomenological methodology explored the meaning and experience of profound sexual and spiritual encounters described by five men and five women who were practicing Christians. Through qualitative analysis of these mysterious experiences, eleven common themes that portrayed the...
- Books Received. // Theology & Sexuality: The Journal of the Institute for the Study;Jan2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p357
A bibliography on the subject of theology and sexuality is presented which includes the books "Theology, Liberation and Genocide: A Theology of the Periphery," by Mario Aguilar, "Ritual Making Women: Shaping Rites for Changing Lives," by Jan Berry, and "Sex Working and the Bible," by Avaren Ipsen.