CHAPTER 2: ECONOMIC LIFE: STONE WORK
- Mortar and pestle sets. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Jun2009, Issue 6, p24
Information on Mortar and pestle sets, which refers to utensils often made of stone that made crushing food easier, is presented.
- Cultural Mash-up. Linhares, Paul // Ceramics Monthly;Dec2010, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p50
In this article, the author discusses the making of designer mortar and pestle pieces. The author states that in the conventional mortar and pestle pieces, the pestle is smaller than the mortar to allow more material to be crushed but the pieces made by the author focuses on the curve of the...
- Mortar and Pestle. Quick, Susie // Organic Style;Nov2004, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p50
Provides information on mortar and pestle.
- mortar and pestle. // Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia;2001, p259
Information on the term "mortar and pestle" is presented. It is a device for grinding materials such as pigments. The mortar is either a slab with a depression or a vessel such as a ceramic dish. The pestle is a rounded object, often glass or ceramic, that is used to grind material against the...
- BLACK GRANITE SIMPLE MORTAR & PESTLE. // Gourmet Retailer;Jul2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p115
This article presents information on black granite mortar and pestle developed by South Elmonte, California-based Nexus Marketing. Being a fan of mortar and pestles, most on the market are very small. John Julian Designs has a whole line of big, heavy mortar and pestles that both work well and...
- THE MORTAR AND PESTLE. Kahn, Howie // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Aug2005, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p52
Features several mortar and pestle implements in the U.S. Price of the mortar and pestle from the Conran Shop; Design of the mortar from Williams Sonoma Inc.; Distinct style of the mortar made of ceramics from Bowery Kitchens.
- Stone Tool Research at the End of the Millennium: Procurement and Technology. Odell, George H. // Journal of Archaeological Research;Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p269
The literature of stone tool procurement and technology published in the past decade is reviewed in this article. The presentation attempts to be geographically comprehensive but, because of where it was written, it provides fuller coverage of New World publications, particularly those from...
- Stone Tool Research at the End of the Millennium: Classification, Function, and Behavior. Odell, George H. // Journal of Archaeological Research;Mar2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p45
This is the second of the two papers that review the literature of archaeological lithic analysis over the last decade. This paper concentrates on aspects of stone tool research that are not directly related to the production or procurement of the tools themselves. It is divided into...
- Possible neolithic ard-tip from the Southern Sahara. Milburn, Mark; Rees, Sian // Antiquity;Mar84, Vol. 58 Issue 222, p45
Talks about a stone implement from Tenere Tafassasset which is discovered in Southern Sahara. Speculations on the function of the stone rods found in Sahara; Heldworks done for the rods to establish their function; Description of the stone implement from Tenere Tafassesset; Evidences which...