- The dash for gas. Dutta, Ashok // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/23/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on a projected sharp rise in demand for domestic gas that led Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to evaluate its gas reserves through the assistance of international oil companies (IOCs). The first flush of Qatari gas is due to land at Taweelah, Abu Dhabi in 2007. The arrival...
- Chapter VI: The liberalisation of the UK natural gas market 1986-1991. // British Gas Utility Market Report;2006, Vol. 3, p17
Chapter 6 of the book "British Gas Utility Market Report" is presented. It explains the liberalization of the natural gas market during 1986 to 1991 in Great Britain. It further states that the Gas Act of 1996 was the first initiative to open the whole natural gas market down to the household...
- Mexico see rise in natgas. Manda, Alex // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p14
The article reports on the rise of the natural gas production in Mexico. Rising Mexican natural gas production has had little effect on the domestic petrochemical industry but will help the sector in the longer term, says Miguel Benedetto of national chemical industry association ANIQ....
- Monetizing methane: turning gas into cash. Hoar, Graham // Chemical Market Reporter;4/10/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 14, p23
The article discusses issues concerning the development of natural gas reserves in the Middle East. There is an effort among Middle Eastern countries to add value to their petrochemical exports. Gas-to-liquid projects are also being launched. How the region takes advantage of its natural gas...
- Gas Deregulation Report Global 2002. // Gas Deregulation Report Global;2002, Vol. 1, p1
Reports on the gas deregulation activity in the international market in 2002. Information on the three basic processes involved in the liberalisation of the energy markets; Reasons gas is prioritised as a fuel source in nearly every country; Observation on the natural gas resources of Canada...
- The Lifeblood of The American Economy. Parker, David N. // American Gas;Nov2003, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p4
Shares perspectives on issues regarding the significant connection of the industry's economy and the future of energy. Significance of the energy legislation passed by the U.S. Congress; Priority of the American Gas Association; Insights on the economic and energy industry trends.
- AGA: Gas Resources Base Vast, But Access Restricted. // American Gas;Jun2003, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the status of the natural gas reserve in the U.S. Estimated amount of the natural gas resource base; Viability of the gas reserve to meet the needs of prospective consumers; Implications for energy bill.
- Alaskan Gas Supplies May Find Welcome Home. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p58
Discusses Alaska's potential for being a source of natural gas reserves that will enable the natural gas industry to expand and meet the anticipated boom in demand. Concerns over the future supply of natural gas in the United States; Costs of developing natural gas pipelines in Alaska.
- Israel. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/25/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the natural gas reserves at the Or-1 well, located offshore Israel in the Med Yavne concession.