London Baines Johnson 1908-1973
- The American Negro Family. // America;10/30/1965, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p492
The article provides highlights of the commencement address of U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson at Howard University in June 1965. Johnson spoke on the seriousness of the social conditions of the American Negro family. He allegedly culled his data from the report "The Negro Family: The Case for...
- My search for Lyndon Johnson. Dallek, Robert // American Heritage;Sep91, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p84
Discusses his research work for a biography of former US President Lyndon Johnson. Discovery of a very complex man; Not a very likable person; Johnson's views on power politics, desegregation; The Kennedys; Johnson as a study in ambiguity.
- Book currents. // New Yorker;03/09/98, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the book `Flawed Giant,' the second and concluding volume of Robert Dallek's biography of United States President Lyndon Johnson. Details on the other volumes in the series; How Dallek values a biography's powers of perception.
- A man obsessed. Bailey, Charles W. // Washington Monthly;May98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p41
Reviews the book `Flawed Giant: Lyndon Johnson and His Times, 1961-1973,' by Robert Dallek.
- LBJ as evil incarnate. O'Neill, W.L. // New Leader;4/16/90, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p18
Reviews the book `Means of Ascent: The Years of Lyndon Johnson' by Robert A. Caro. Volume II of a biography of Lyndon B. Johnson, covering the years from 1941-1948.
- LYNDON B. JOHNSON. // Presidents of the U.S.;2001 2nd Edition, p35
Presents a biography of Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th president of the U.S. from 1963 to 1969. Family background; Educational attaintment; Career history.
- Texas crude. Koenig, R. // New York;3/5/90, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p100
Reviews the book `The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Means of Ascent,' by Robert A. Caro, which covers the period in Johnson's life from 1941-1948.
- Book reviews. Gold, V. // American Spectator;Jul90, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p37
Reviews the book `The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Means of Ascent,' by Robert A. Caro.
- Biographies of the Presidents: LYNDON BAINES JOHNSON (1963-69). // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2006, p602
This article presents the biography of the 36th U.S. President Lyndon Baines Johnson. He was born on August 27, 1908, near Stonewall, Texas, the son of Sam Ealy and Rebekah Baines Johnson. He graduated from Southwest Texas State Teachers College in 1930 and attended Georgetown University Law...