Sir Samurai T. D. Luckey, PhD
- Background Checks: When the Past Isn't Past. Springer, Ann D. // Academe;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p110
Deals with the background check policies implemented by faculty administrators in the U.S. due to heightened interest in national security. Concern of the faculty on privacy intrusions; Information on the debate on the proposed background check policy at the University of Texas; Discussion of...
- FACULTY PROFILES. // Connection (0895-6405);Spring2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p53
Presents graphical and tabular representations of college and university faculties in New England as of March 1, 2003. Total full-time and tenured faculty members in New England by gender in 2001; Total full-time and tenured faculty members in New England by race and gender in 2001; Tenured...
- PUTTING FACULTY IN THE LIMELIGHT. Nordgren, Kayla // BizEd;Nov/Dec2016, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "All Facets of Faculty" in the September/October 2016 issue.
- M. ORHAN OKAY BÄ°YOGRAFÄ°SÄ°. // Journal of Turkish Studies;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, preceding p1
A biography of Turkish literature scholar Orhan Okay is presented. He was born in Istanbul, Turkey in 1931 and his educational experiences as a child and young adult are discussed. Okay's work as a high school teacher, his marriage to MÃ¼beccel Ä°nce with whom he has two sons, and his work...
- IN BRIEF. // Physics Today;Jul90, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p84
Provides news concerning faculty at the physics department of Lehigh University. Michael Stavola has become an associate professor; Alan Streater and Michelle S. Malcuit also joined the department; Career and academic histories of the professors.
- A solution for the tenure problem. Simon, Julian L. // CATO Journal;Winter91, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p835
Proposes a scheme for easing the universities' problem of tenure held by faculty members whose productivity is relatively low. Options for each faculty member tenured at the time of the initiation of the plan; Beneficial results from the point of view of the university; Reasons for non-adoption...
- Faculty discretionary time. Massy, William F.; Zemsky, Robert // Journal of Higher Education;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p1
Examines the academic ratchet theory by quantifying the trade-off between class size and teaching load using data from four liberal arts colleges and two research universities. Asymmetry of class-size utility with teaching method-dependent norms; Comparison of the preferences regarding teaching...
- Minnesota lures top theorists from leading Soviet institutes. Sweet, William // Physics Today;Feb91, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p83
Announces five appointments to the University of Minnesota's institute for theoretical physics permanent faculty, all to be held by Soviet scientists. Profiles of Soviet appointees; Adjustment period for Soviet physicists; Reasons Soviets chose to come to Minneapolis; Choosing the scientists;...
- The Four-Year Shift in Faculty Composition. // Review of Optometry;Sep2010 Women in Optometry, p15
The article focuses on the report from the Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry concerning the increase of women in the optometry school faculty which accounts for 45 percent in the faculty position in the year 2009-2010.