Daniel Danielopolu -- Romanian Physiologist
- Daniel Danielopolu's dance of pure ideas. Iftimovici, R. // Romanian Journal of Cardiology;2012, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p270
The article focuses on Daniel Danielopolu, who initiated a new period in the Romanian clinical medicine development according to his student professor Ion Bruckner, and his contributions. It states that he created an association between strophantin and atropine and offered a proof that mortal...
- physiologist. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1784
A definition of the term "physiologist," which refers to an expert who studies the functioning of the body, is presented.
- Physiology (communication arising): The ventilatory response to hypoxia. Gozal, D.; Gaston, B. M.; Lipton, A. J.; Johnson, M. A.; Macdonald, T.; Lieberman, M. W. // Nature;10/17/2002, Vol. 419 Issue 6908, p686
We do not challenge the 'classic' theory of peripheral-chemoreceptor-mediated HVR. However, this offers no insight into the mediators of the time-domain components of HVR, such as ventilatory short-term potentiation (VSTP). VSTP is critical to respiratory-system stability and is unrelated to the...
- Geriatrics photo quiz. Ross, Joel S.; Shua-Haim, Joshua R. // Geriatrics;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p33
Presents a question and answer segment relating to the identification of an outstanding physician, physiologist and physicist. Background information on the physician; Work by which he will be remembered.
- physiologist:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p318
A definition of the term "physiologist," which refers to a specialist dealing with the functions and activities of living organisms and their parts, is presented.
- Accountability: Becoming a Compass for Others. Boone, Tommy // Journal of Professional Exercise Physiology;Nov2012, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
Isn't it interesting that educators and, in particular, academic exercise physiologists believe they are members of a learned profession, yet they are not held accountable in the performance of their duties.
- USDA-ARS scientist receives cotton physiology award. // Western Farm Press;1/24/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the recognition given to Bobbie L. McMichael, a plant physiologist with the United States Department of Agriculture laboratory in Lubbock, Texas. Prize money received by McMichael at the 2004 Beltwide Cotton Physiology Conference in San Antonio, Texas; Sponsor for the award presented...
- ABOUT THE EDITOR. // Handbook of Seed Science & Technology;2006, preceding p1
Features Amarjit S. Basra, a plant physiologist at the Punjab Agricultural University in Ludhiana, India. Recognition of his work on seed quality and cotton fiber quality; Membership in several organizations such as the American Society of Agronomy and the Crop Science Society of America;...
- Otto Cohnheim--toe forgotten physiologist. Matthews, D.M. // British Medical Journal;8/26/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6137, p618
Profiles Otto Cohnheim, physiologist. Educational Attainment; Career history; Achievements awards.