- DIOP, David. // Black Studies Primer;2008, p152
A brief profile of African poet Davis Diop, who had poems that reflected a strong opposition to the European society is presented.
- Writing Writing: bpNichol at 30. David, Jack // Essays on Canadian Writing;Winter74, Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the writing technique of bpNichol, a Canadian poet. Two broad areas of Nichol's concrete poetry; Details on the poems written by Nichol.
- QUERIES. // American Notes & Queries;Jan70, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p74
Presents some queries related to literature. Research on Captain Mayne Reid, the 19th-century British author of juvenile titles and adventure books; Comments on the subject of war as an inspiration for poets; Basis for the poem 'Speaking of Poetry,' by Peale Bishop.
- Breaking into Dance. Janeczko, Paul B. // Book Links;Apr/May2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
Shares the thoughts of a writer of poetry. Answer to a student's question on why the author writes poetry books; Importance of knowing that children have a chance to see what poetry holds for them; Recollection of when the author began to be interested to read and write poems; Academic...
- EVERY DAY WITH POETRY. Leiper, Esther M. // Writers' Journal;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p50
The article comments on several issues relevant to poetry and poetry writing in the United States. It includes information on the factors behind the success of a poet, the role of a monumental ego in a poet's success or failure and issues concerning the decision by poets to pursue either a...
- Orange Roses. Ives, Lucy // Conjunctions;Spring2013, Issue 60, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a poet.
- Dunk. Telfer, Robbie Q. // American Book Review;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the popularity of slam poetry in the U.S. in 2006 and the entry of slam poetry into academia. Gives a little bit of history behind it including the origin of the slam poetry. The opportunity of performance poets to be heard and the topics that get tackled within the slam poems is...
- Why I Writeâ€¦. Chang, Tina // Publishers Weekly;3/29/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 13, p21
The author reflects on poetry writing. She recalls her childhood in Taiwan living with his aunts and uncles. She associates poetry writing to the physical structure of the house, in which each word seemed like a window, each comma a blade of grass, each line as a slow locomotive passing through...
- Knock Knock II. Hall, Donald // American Poetry Review;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p15
This article discusses the author's experiences in writing poems and in the field of literature. He describes the factors that influence him in writing poems. He emphasizes the significance of rapport among poets to their career. He also provides an overview of the textbook on poetry anthology...