- DIOP, David. // Black Studies Primer;2008, p152
A brief profile of African poet Davis Diop, who had poems that reflected a strong opposition to the European society is presented.
- Writing Writing: bpNichol at 30. David, Jack // Essays on Canadian Writing;Winter74, Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the writing technique of bpNichol, a Canadian poet. Two broad areas of Nichol's concrete poetry; Details on the poems written by Nichol.
- Knock Knock II. Hall, Donald // American Poetry Review;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p15
This article discusses the author's experiences in writing poems and in the field of literature. He describes the factors that influence him in writing poems. He emphasizes the significance of rapport among poets to their career. He also provides an overview of the textbook on poetry anthology...
- Dunk. Telfer, Robbie Q. // American Book Review;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the popularity of slam poetry in the U.S. in 2006 and the entry of slam poetry into academia. Gives a little bit of history behind it including the origin of the slam poetry. The opportunity of performance poets to be heard and the topics that get tackled within the slam poems is...
- In the Studio. Rakosi, Carl // American Poetry Review;May/Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p21
Contemplates the author's writing and reading habits and influences. Description of the study room of Rakosi.
- QUERIES. // American Notes & Queries;Jan70, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p74
Presents some queries related to literature. Research on Captain Mayne Reid, the 19th-century British author of juvenile titles and adventure books; Comments on the subject of war as an inspiration for poets; Basis for the poem 'Speaking of Poetry,' by Peale Bishop.
- Breaking into Dance. Janeczko, Paul B. // Book Links;Apr/May2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
Shares the thoughts of a writer of poetry. Answer to a student's question on why the author writes poetry books; Importance of knowing that children have a chance to see what poetry holds for them; Recollection of when the author began to be interested to read and write poems; Academic...
- EVERY DAY WITH POETRY. Leiper, Esther M. // Writers' Journal;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p50
The article comments on several issues relevant to poetry and poetry writing in the United States. It includes information on the factors behind the success of a poet, the role of a monumental ego in a poet's success or failure and issues concerning the decision by poets to pursue either a...
- Orange Roses. Ives, Lucy // Conjunctions;Spring2013, Issue 60, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a poet.