- Cynthia Bir. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p12
The article presents a profile of Cynthia Bir, associate professor, director of research at Wayne State University Bioengineering Center in Detroit, Michigan. Bir is the lead scientist for the Sport Science program that premiered on the Fox Sports Network last season, which won the Emmy in April...
- Law Professor Has Established a Support Group for Military Spouses. // Women in Academia Report;3/13/2012, p19
The article reports that Jocelyn F. Benson, an associate professor at the Wayne State University Law School in Detroit, Michigan, founded Military Spouses of Michigan. Free legal advice are given by the organization to military spouses. The organization also serves as a clearinghouse for...
- WSU, faculty sign contract. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;5/5/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p2
The article reports that Wayne State University (WSU) in Detroit, Michigan reached a tentative agreement in its first labor contract with a recently formed union of part-time instructors on April 30, 2008. As reported, the Union of Part Time Faculty (UPTF) represents more than 700 part-time...
- WSU weighs retiree health care. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
This article reports that Wayne State University (WSU), Detroit, Michigan, is considering adding retiree health coverage benefits for its faculty and academic staff to be competitive with other research and doctoral institutions. A joint faculty-administration committee has been studying the...
- THE FACE OF Quality. // Quality Progress;Sep2000, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p23
Profiles Gary S. Wasserman, associate professor at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Career history; Educational attainment; Views on the challenges facing quality and reliability professionals; Certifications.
- Detroit Orientation Institute taking registration for spring. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p25
The article focuses on the Detroit Orientation Institute at Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan which is accepting applications for the spring session scheduled on April 25, 2006, May 2, 2006 and May 9, 2006. A historical perspective and candid look is offered by the institute at Detroit...
- Juned Ahmed Named OCA-UPS Gold Mountain Scholar. // India -- West;9/16/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 43, pA30
The article announces that Juned Ahmed of Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan receives the OCA-UPS Gold Mountain Scholarship, a 2000 U.S. dollars scholarship for Asian Pacific Americans.
- Special Survey: To Whom and To What End Do We Teach German? // Monatshefte;Fall97, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p386
Cites the results of a survey to analyze the future of German literature studies. Increase in the number of doctors philosophy degree (PhD); Total number of undergraduate 'pure' majors; Other major fields for students double-majoring in German; Institutions granting most PhD in German in the...
- Tribute to professor Harold W. Rossmoore. Passman, Frederick J.; Rossmore, Leonard // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p20
Profiles Harold W. Rossmoore, a professor at Wayne State University. Educational background of Rossmoore; Highlights of his career; Description of the research papers of Rossmoore on antimicrobials.