- Florence Nightingale Is Born. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/9/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 23, p3
Profiles Florence Nightingale, a nurse in England.
- Nightingale, Florence. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1585
An encyclopedia entry for philanthropist Florence Nightingale, who is credited for the founding of nursing as a profession, is presented.
- Living & Learning. Crider, Larry // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);7/26/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p2
The article explores how Florence Nightingale served as a role model in the nursing of wounded soldiers.
- THE LADY WITH THE LAMP. // Child Life;Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p28
Presents the life story of Florence Nightingale, a nurse from England.
- Lessons From Florence Nightingale. Hawks, Jane Hokanson // Urologic Nursing;Aug2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p214
Editorial. Comments on the life and works of Florence Nightingale. Contributions of Nightingale to nursing education; Account on the nursing career of Nightingale; Fight for public policy reform related to health, illness and quality of life.
- Heeding the words of Florence. Iliffe, Jill // Australian Nursing Journal;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
Editorial. Suggests the need for governments and employers to heed the advice of nursing heroine Florence Nightingale with regard to nursing care. Attitude of Nightingale toward patients; Impact of staff shortage on basic nursing care; Importance of quality nursing care.
- VOICES. Anionwu, Elizabeth // Nursing Standard;1/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p24
In this article the author reflects on the centenary anniversary of Florence Nightingale's death and describes some of the events planned to commemorate it.
- VOICES. Beasley, Chris // Nursing Standard;5/19/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p26
In the article the author focuses on the similar roles and responsibilities of modern day nurses and nurses who worked with nurse leader Florence Nightingale.
- Honours shared on International Nurses' Day. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p7
Reports the celebration of International Nurses' Day (IND), the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birthday held on May 12, 1999 in Australia. Theme of the celebration; Activities conducted.