- Florence Nightingale Is Born. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/9/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 23, p3
Profiles Florence Nightingale, a nurse in England.
- Nightingale, Florence. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1585
An encyclopedia entry for philanthropist Florence Nightingale, who is credited for the founding of nursing as a profession, is presented.
- Honours shared on International Nurses' Day. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p7
Reports the celebration of International Nurses' Day (IND), the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birthday held on May 12, 1999 in Australia. Theme of the celebration; Activities conducted.
- British nurses vote to ditch Florence Nightingale. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p15
States that British nurse delegates at the annual health conference of Unison have voted to ditch the image of Florence Nightingale as the patron saint of nurses. Reason for their rejection; Comments from health visitor Wendy Wheeler; Role models cited by Wheeler for the millennium; Stand of...
- Heeding the words of Florence. Iliffe, Jill // Australian Nursing Journal;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
Editorial. Suggests the need for governments and employers to heed the advice of nursing heroine Florence Nightingale with regard to nursing care. Attitude of Nightingale toward patients; Impact of staff shortage on basic nursing care; Importance of quality nursing care.
- Living & Learning. Crider, Larry // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);7/26/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p2
The article explores how Florence Nightingale served as a role model in the nursing of wounded soldiers.
- DOING IT BETTER THAN MOTHER. Aukin, Lianne // History Today;Apr2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p31
Presents an article on the private life of 19th century nurse Florence Nightingale and how her strained relationship with her mother shaped her density. Respect of biographer Edward Cook for Nightingale; Popularity of Nightingale on her return from nursing in Crimea, Ukraine; Scope of her...
- THE LADY WITH THE LAMP. // Child Life;Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p28
Presents the life story of Florence Nightingale, a nurse from England.
- Lessons From Florence Nightingale. Hawks, Jane Hokanson // Urologic Nursing;Aug2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p214
Editorial. Comments on the life and works of Florence Nightingale. Contributions of Nightingale to nursing education; Account on the nursing career of Nightingale; Fight for public policy reform related to health, illness and quality of life.