New in print
- New in print. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p39
Presents books about personnel management. `Coaching, Mentoring and Assessing,' by Eric Parsloe; `The Empty Raincoat,' by Charles Handy; `The Beginner's Guide to Business Japanese,' by Helen Vandevelde.
- Newly published. // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p56
Features various personnel-management books available as of March 5, 1998. Includes `Managing Sensitive Projects,' by Olivier D'Herbemont and Bruno Cesare; `The IPD Guide on Career Management in Organisations.'
- What's new. Brooks, Susan Sonnesyn // HRMagazine;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p103
Presents books and equipment for personnel management. WinRate Windows-based performance appraisal computer program; `ReENGINEERING: Getting Your Organization Back in Sync,'a book by Don Hawk; `Shifting Gears: Thriving in the New Economy,' videotape.
- Hot trend gone cold. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HRMagazine;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p14
Reports on books on corporate reengineering by Michael Hammer and James Champy. `Reengineering the Corporation'; `The Reengineering Revolution'; `Beyond Reengineering: How the 21st Century Corporation Will Change Our Work and Our Lives'.
- Also of interest. Brotherton, Phaedra // HRMagazine;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p140
Recommends various books of interest for human resource management executives. Includes the book `The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of Learning Organizations,' by Peter M. Senge; `The Strategic Middle Manager How to Create and Sustain Competitive Advantage,' by Steven W. Floyd and Bill...
- Bookshelf. Brotherton, Phaedra // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p152
Presents a list of books on personnel management. Includes the book `How to Measure Human Resource Management,' by Jac Fitz-Enz; `Information Seeking: An Organizational Dilemma,' by J. David Johnson; `Transforming the Bottom Line: Managing Performance with the Real Number,' Tony Hope and Jeremy...
- Personnel & staff development. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov94, Vol. 20 Issue 5/6, p348
Presents books on personnel and staff development. Includes `Help Wanted, Inquire within: How to Find More Job Opportunities in Less Time,' by Brian Jud; `Coping with Unemployment: How to Triumph over the Negative Emotions of Prolonged Unemployment,' by Brian Jud; `Library Services for Career...
- What's new. Brooks, Susan Sonnesyn // HR Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p99
Presents books and equipment of interest to human resource managers in the United States. `HR Best Practices 1998 Annual Report,' by HR Effectiveness Inc.; `Interactive ModuMath,' a videodisc technology developed by Video-Based Training and Education; `Employer's Guide to Self-Insuring Health...
- Bookshelf. Brotherton, Phaedra // HR Magazine;Aug1996, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p126
Presents new books on personnel management available in the United States as of August 1996.