As The Greatest Generation Speaks (And Speaks And Speaks) Readers Keep Buying
- 1939-45 books. // History Today;May95, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p72
Presents a bibliography of history books marking the end of the war in Europe. Includes `VE Day: The Album,' edited by John Delaney; `War Memories,' by Ian Billingley; Orde Wingate: Irregular Soldier,' by Trevor Royle; `London at War 1939-1945,' by Philip Ziegler; `Poetry of the Second World...
- Easy on the spam fritters. Davies, Ross // New Statesman & Society;4/28/95, Vol. 8 Issue 350, p44
Presents books about the end of World War II in Europe. Includes Russell Miller's `Ten Days in May'; Martin Gilbert's `The Day the War Ended'; Trevor Royle's `Orde Wingate: irregular soldier'.
- Amid war's-end euphoria, hints of conflicts to come. // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 186, p10
Part XI. Presents the cover page of The Christian Science Monitor of August 23, 1945, which carried articles related to the end of the World War II. Request of aid by France from the US; US domestic situation; Conflict between China and the European powers; More.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Military Affairs;Fall1952, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p196
A bibliography is presented of books and articles in periodicals such as "Pioneer Pilot" by William Armstrong, "Hitler: A Study in Tyranny" by Alan Bullock," and "I Led the Air Attack on Pearl Harbor" by Mitsuo Fuchida in "U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings."
- Past lives. Tonkin, Boyd // New Statesman & Society;6/3/94, Vol. 7 Issue 305, p48
Presents bibliography of World War II D-Day memorabilia. Includes `Penguin Atlas of D-Day and the Normandy Campaign,' by John Man; `D-Day: The Normandy Landings and the Liberation of Europe,' by Anthony Kemp; `No Retreat,' by John Bowen; `Music, in a Foreign Language,' Andrew Crumey.
- Life on the home front. Lilly, Dorothy // Book Report;May/Jun94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
Presents a bibliography on World War II. Promotion of study of history in secondary schools; Use of interlibrary loan for availability of books to students; `The American Family in World War II,' edited by Ray H. Abrams; `American Women: Sex Roles, Family Relations, and the Status of Women...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // WWII A Legacy of Letters - One Soldier's Journey;2006, p421
The sources cited within this book are presented including "The Admiralties at War, 1944-1945," by Robert Manning Smalley, "Fifth Air Force Story," by Kenn C. Rust, and "The Glider Gang," by Milton Dank.
- Warrior of the year. Scott, Liz; Rogozienski, Frank // New Orleans Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p56
Profiles author Stephen Ambrose. Selection as consultant in the film `Saving Private Ryan'; Expertise in World War II history; Use of story telling in teaching history.
- Dateline USA: The 1950's. Chaton, Barbara; O'Laughlin, Michael // Book Links;Jul96, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p57
Presents books after the Second World War and during the Industrial Revolution in the United States. Historical novels such as `Lenny Kandell,' and `Smart Aleck,' by Ellen Conford; Growth of the middle class; Communism and the Cold war; Bibliographies on the civil rights movement and fiction. ...