British Labour History Publications 2006
- Theses and Dissertations: 2006. Adeeb, Yasmin; Boud, Fathi // Labour History Review;Dec2007, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p275
The article presents a bibliography of theses and dissertations published in 2006 about British and Irish Labour History including "The Anglican Church in the East Riding of Yorkshire, c. 1740-1860, with particular reference to the economic aspects," by David J. Bowes, "Poverty and philanthropy...
- Annual Bibliography: 2009. Adeeb, Yasmin; Boud, Fathi // Labour History Review;Dec2010, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p271
A bibliography is presented of journal articles and books on labor history published in 2009, including ones by Yasmin Adeeb, Tariq Ali, Elizabeth Baigent, and others.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. Lonardo, Michael; Sweeney, Robert C. H. // Labour / Le Travail;Fall2007, Vol. 60, p339
A list of publications related to labour history is presented including "MÃ©decins et patriotes 1837-1838," by Georges Aubin and Marcel Rheault, "Fighting from Home: The Second World War in Verdun," by Serge Marc Durflinger, and "A Better Life: A Portrait of Highland Women in Nova Scotia," by...
- BIBILIOGRAPHY. Lonardo, Michael; Sweeny, Robert C. H. // Labour / Le Travail;Fall2008, Vol. 62, p321
A list of books and articles on Canadian labor history published between 2005 and 2008 is presented which includes "Hiroshima Immigrants in Canada, 1891-1941," by Michiko Midge Ayukawa, "Military Workfare: The Soldier and Social Citizenship in Canada," by Deborah Cowen, and "Working People: An...
- Thinker's corner. // New Statesman & Society;06/28/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4288, p11
Presents reports which concern British society. Catherine Hakim's research on working students; Report on the potential pitfalls involved in constitutional reform; `Place of Men in Changing Family Culture'; `In Search of Community Identity.'
- This England. // New Statesman;09/26/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4353, p34
Focuses on developments in Great Britain for the week ending September 26, 1997. Motorist William Potter's destruction of a speed camera; Territorial Army soldiers' whip-rounds to buy themselves boots and combat clothing.
- Not so splendid isolation. Manning, Toby // New Statesman & Society;12/16/94-12/30/94, Vol. 7 Issue 333, p56
Focuses on the continentalization of the British culture. Continental breakfast, French and Italian cuisines as fixtures of public places; Origins of continentalism; Problems of continentalism; Obstacles to continentalism.
- Diary. Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman & Society;6/3/94, Vol. 7 Issue 305, p6
Makes observations concerning British social life and customs. Practice of giving out business cards; Satirical criticism against the music policy in Elmtree House Hotel in Buxton, England; Opinion about quiz shows which involve lateral thinking.
- Tabula rasa. Seabrook, Jeremy // New Statesman & Society;6/4/93, Vol. 6 Issue 255, p16
Analyzes the British way of life as defined by Sir Winston Churchill. Vanished pit-villages or idea of community; Morality that belongs to the market economy; Tory hate list; International consumerism; Deference to money; Persistence of snobbery; Migrants, aliens, outsiders and blacks as scapegoats.