Ned's tips for improving yourself
- Competitive strategy. Shelton, Ken // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
Presents various books on industrial management. Includes `Wharton on Dynamic Competitive Strategy,' by George S. Day and David Reibstein; `The Accelerating Organization,' by Arun Maira and Peter Scott Morgan; `Reframing Organizations,' by Lee G. Bolman and Terrence E. Deal.
- Masters of change. Shelton, Ken // Executive Excellence;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p2
Presents books on industrial management. Includes `Masters of Change,' by William Boast; `Forbes' Great Minds of Business,' by Gretchen Morgenson; `Fatal Illusions,' by James R. Lucas.
- From top to bottom. Shelton, Ken // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p2
Presents several books on industrial management. Includes `Teams at the Top,' by Jon Katzenbach; `Beyond Corporate Transformation,' by Christopher Head; `The Paradox Process,' by Derm Barrett.
- Setting a course for innovation. Pospisil, Vivian // Industry Week/IW;01/20/97, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p21
Presents books on business management. `Managing Strategic Innovation and Change,' by Michael L. Tushman and Philip Anderson; `The PDMA Handbook of New Product Development,' edited by Milton Rosenau Jr. and Abbie Griffin; `Enterprise One to One: Tools for Competing in the Interactive Age.'
- Additional reading. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Jun97, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p54
Introduces books about business management. `Proversity,' by Lawrence Otis Graham; `Work It out,' by Sandra Krebs Hirsh and Jane A.G. Kise; `The Executive in Action,' by Peter F. Drucker; `The Tao of Personal leadership,' by Diane Dreher.
- PUBLICATIONS RECEIVED. // Academy of Management Review;Oct95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1112
The article presents a list of books relating to the field of management, including "Chinese Foreign Investment Laws and Policies: Evolution and Transformation, by Wei Jia, "Changes and Challenges for the Human Resource Professional, by Ronald R. Sims and Serbrenia J. Sims, and "Control Theory...
- PUBLICATIONS RECEIVED. // Academy of Management Review;Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p583
The article presents a bibliography of books relating to the field of management, including "Basic Guide to Industrial Hygiene," by Jeffrey W. Vincoli, "Business Process Benchmarking: Finding and Implementing Best Practices," by Robert Camp, and "Causes of Death in the Workplace," by J. Paul Leigh.
- Books for your shopping list. Nelton, S. // Nation's Business;Nov91, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p32
Reviews several books on family businesses. `Running a Family Business,' by Joseph R. Mancuso and Nat Shulman; `Family Business Sourcebook,' edited by Craig E. Aronoff and John L. Ward; `Creating Effective Boards for Private Enterprises,' by John L. Ward; More.
- Nine new books on change in the 90s. Stein, Alan Paul // Business Forum;Fall92, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p33
Features books of interest to business practitioners. Includes `Megatrends for Women,' by Patricia Aburdene and John Naisbitt; `Team-Based Organizations,' by James H. Shonk; `21st Century Manufacturing,' by Thomas Gunn.